Chaosium Interviews: Balancing the Call of Cthulhu Lines

MOB

I have to say I’m excited by a pulp scenario collection. I thought the scenarios included in the main book were some of the best I’ve read before. When I first started playing CoC I was disappointed there weren’t more big meaty campaigns like I was used to from D&D but I’ve come to appreciate them more and more as I’ve been running a game and they are now my favourite part of the line. 

Also wooooo for gaslight being relatively soon! I’m assuming the writing being over means it goes into art commissioning and then after that layout? I’m British and my investigators all want to try Victorian England out but I was waiting for the 7e book before jumping in. I’ve been spoilt with the production quality of the 7e line. 

• Like 4

Hopefully Dreamlands is round the corner.

ALL Call Of Cthulhu settings are incomplete without it. 

I also hope that, whilst a modern dark vision of the Dreamlands is obviously paramount, the more pure fantasy element is still balanced alongside it. Always felt that there was a Lewis Carroll / L.Frank Baum kind of whimsy also locked up in the Dreamlands. Don't forget, many dreamers go there to escape and aren't simply trapped there. I know that that maybe doesn't sit as well with an idea of all-encompassing horror that seems prevalent amongst current interpretations of the Dreamlands, but I hope that that sense of wonder and delight, and not simply dread, is preserved.

So, yep, can't wait for the Dreamlands book. I know some lovely art was shared here some time ago, so hopefully it's at the top of the Cthulhu pile.

Edited by Pnick
  • Like 4