RuneQuest Starter Set proofs arrived today!

Rick Meints

FedEx delivered two boxes an hour or so ago. Please note that some of these items are the final printed versions, like the box itself, while others are printed on simpler paper, sometimes untrimmed with color matching swatches on the edges, and sometimes they have printer proof comments written on them. Everything is looking lovely and of high quality. The set will weigh over 3lbs. 8 oz. (about 1.5 kg). Please, no "what's with the weird white border" comments. That's what "untrimmed" means...

Starter-box-maps.thumb.JPG.d4f6481c91c259e3e9bbf27e451788cc.JPGstarter-box-both.thumb.JPG.3e46dca69e372495090d8f19e6a5fc7b.JPGstarter-4books.thumb.JPG.20bdb780a4f2ed1f6f0040296a8aef61.JPGstarter-adv-sheet.thumb.JPG.5a129f10d163dbef2df3ac1d5523fa4c.JPGstarter-color.thumb.JPG.5952ec9074ff95cbff304fa4467e927d.JPGstarter-folio-front.thumb.JPG.3f1889d2c5346cfee8d0495ab3821711.JPGdtarter-folio-back.thumb.JPG.3c21a4ec9ea5a83b0dd9e0ff0a9b8385.JPGstarter-box-tracker.thumb.JPG.cd8a24adfa2a15ae48d168d9a9abaac4.JPG
  • Like 19
  • Thanks 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Man it all looks great.

5 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

starter-color.thumb.JPG.5952ec9074ff95cbff304fa4467e927d.JPG

Can you say who is the author of those drawings? Kinda reminds me of the pictures of the gods in the Cults part of the rulebook and on the Sourcebook but also to Kleios Canvas' style.

• Like 1

:50-power-truth::50-sub-light::50-power-truth:

1 hour ago, Jape_Vicho said:

Can you say who is the author of those drawings? Kinda reminds me of the pictures of the gods in the Cults part of the rulebook and on the Sourcebook but also to Kleios Canvas' style.

Well spotted. That art is by the brilliant Katrin Dirim, whose ID on DeviantArt and Twitter is KleiosCanvas. It’s all kinds of wonderful that her work will be published by Chaosium.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Look more like the Red, Blue, and Black Dragons, perhaps coming to defend their nest site in Dragon Pass.

The middle dragon appears to be the Sun Dragon - look at all the regalia it is wearing. The main color is golden, and the blue matches that of the Dara Happan forces in the True Golden Horde.

I like the depiction of the Obsidian Palace in that image.

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

22 minutes ago, brionl said:

If I buy a copy from my FLN Game Store, is there a coupon for a discount on the PDF or anything like that?

As with all Chaosium books, if you buy it from a friendly local game store that participates in the Bits and Mortar scheme, the store will send you a free PDF of your purchase on request.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Nick Brooke said:

As with all Chaosium books, if you buy it from a friendly local game store that participates in the Bits and Mortar scheme, the store will send you a free PDF of your purchase on request.

Well, according to the Website, Black Diamond Games in Concord, CA is a participant. I'll have to check back with them when it comes out.

I've been accumulating game stuff for 45+ years now. Almost all of my purchases are ebooks these days because I don't have much room for anything else. I'll make room for this one though.

• Like 4