Will Coming Storm/Eleven Lights be reprinted?

creativehum

By the time I had money set aside for these two books, only Coming Storm was still available in the US. I'd love to get a copy of Eleven Lights -- but not at eBay prices?

Will these books be available again in print some time in the future?

Edited by creativehum

"But Pendragon isn’t intended to be historical, just fun.
So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

Chaosium have said previously they are planning on rebranding all HeorQuest books

MOB said it in this post (near the bottom in the What's next section)

and Rick confirmed they were rebranding books again in this topic. Technically it was on Kingdom of Heroes and Sartar Companion but should be applicable.

• 2 weeks later...

"HeroQuest" is going back to Milton Bradley for their adventure-themed boardgame.

Chaosium's HQ is being rebranded as "QuestWorlds" (QW), with Glorantha as just one setting for the game.

I think Chaosium could do MUCH worse than updating CS/11L for the QW line, but I don't think any final decision on this has been made.

Except -- it won't be a straight-up "reprint."  It can't be:  HQ, as a game-name, is legally for the MB product, going forward.  Chaosium AT LEAST needs to edit & remaster the content to eliminate what has become a (c)-infringing use in the books

And then... well, the QW mechanics are a new edition, so it makes sense to run through the books to update the mechanics in a bunch of subtle ways.

So... all-new editions would be the way to go, *IF* it happens.  As I said though -- they could do worse!

C'es ne pas un .sig

I think we can assume that any "reprinting" of the books assumes the trademarked name and branding will be changed.

The only question I had was whether the material would be in a printed book again.

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

21 hours ago, creativehum said:

I think we can assume that any "reprinting" of the books assumes the trademarked name and branding will be changed.

The only question I had was whether the material would be in a printed book again.

I think that would only happen after (or perhaps part of?) the Glorantha genre-pack for QW... I honestly cannot see Chaosium releasing the new edition of the game, and then re-releasing an older supplement for the older edition.

As I said, though:  I think QW a version of CS/11L would be a pretty nifty thing (and this might be where the long-rumored 3rd volume of the set comes out)...

Edited by g33k

C'es ne pas un .sig

On 5/24/2021 at 2:54 PM, creativehum said:

I think we are talking past each other.

But I am happy to wait from official word from Chaosium.

Reprinting Eleven Light will either happen or it won’t.

We will rebrand the books and get them back into print.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 5/26/2021 at 4:26 AM, Rick Meints said:

We will rebrand the books and get them back into print.

Will they be "slightly corrected" to fit into the RQG canon?

It would be nice to have every book from CHA 4025 onward 100% canonical books.

Edited by AndreJarosch
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Will they be "slightly corrected" to fit into the RQG canon?

I only care about canon to the degree that “Is this idea interesting to me?” — but out of curiosity what might some of these corrections be?

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 9:06 AM, creativehum said:

I'd love to get a copy of Eleven Lights -- but not at eBay prices?

My FLGS, Games Paradise in Sydney Australia, has both The Coming Storm and The Eleven Lights on the shelf in hardback. One of each as of this morning 2021-06-15 Sydney time. 

10 hours ago, AndrewTBP said:

My FLGS, Games Paradise in Sydney Australia, has both The Coming Storm and The Eleven Lights on the shelf in hardback. One of each as of this morning 2021-06-15 Sydney time. 

Thank you for that. 

I'm in the US... and the US warehouses ran out of the books well before everyone else.

The website doesn't have full stock online, so I can't see if it is still there and what shipping would be, so I'm not sure shipping from Australia will be worth it.

But thank you sincerely for the tip!

So have fun."

-- Greg Stafford

• 3 months later...
On 6/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, creativehum said:

Thank you for that. 

I'm in the US... and the US warehouses ran out of the books well before everyone else.

The website doesn't have full stock online, so I can't see if it is still there and what shipping would be, so I'm not sure shipping from Australia will be worth it.

But thank you sincerely for the tip!

You might perhaps inquire as to whether they might be able to transact privately to liquidate surplus legacy stateside inventory that they can no longer advertise for sale since selling the trademark. I recall Palladium selling all their Robotech minis in bulk to Miniatures Market when they lost that license, and a well regarded maker of dice has been quietly selling surplus new-old-stock copies of a classic RPG's 3rd edition which they published back in the 90's at cons for decades. It never hurts to inquire.

• 8 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:20 AM, Glyph said:

Is it possible to get a pdf of The Coming Storm from anywhere? I have the hardcover but not the pdf 😞

No legal source of PDFs until the QW-rebranded product comes out.

HQ-branded products are explicitly (c)-infringing now (or maybe it's (tm)-infringing, I dunno).

Edited by g33k
(c) vs (tm)

C'es ne pas un .sig

5 hours ago, g33k said:

No legal source of PDFs until the QW-rebranded product comes out.

HQ-branded products are explicitly (c)-infringing now (or maybe it's (tm)-infringing, I dunno).

Hasbro purchased the HeroQuest trademark about 2 years ago. We cannot sell any product using that Trademark. We are rebranding the core material as Questworlds. That conversion has been slowly progressing. The rebranding includes the Coming Storm and Eleven Lights. If we had an ETA I would have included it in this reply.

• Helpful 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Hasbro purchased the HeroQuest trademark about 2 years ago. We cannot sell any product using that Trademark. We are rebranding the core material as Questworlds. That conversion has been slowly progressing. The rebranding includes the Coming Storm and Eleven Lights. If we had an ETA I would have included it in this reply.

Rick, is the plan to re-brand these two items, or to produce new versions with errata integrated? 

SDLeary

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Thanks!
This is as I recall Chaosium had previously announced.
(n.b. I said "until" it comes out, not unless it comes out, as I wished to indicate it was a matter of waiting, not wondering)

C'es ne pas un .sig