Equipment book and Game Master guide

Adaras

Probably not going to happen soon - I'll bet you a clack not -  because Chaosium's explicit policy is that they don't begin talking about time until a book is laid out, and don't promise an in-store date for anything until the product is actually printed, and even then they are vague and don't give an exact date.  

They love to give dates, but have been burned by giving dates too quickly.

Here, read this [Oct. 20 entry by Rick Meints], it's explanatory and also good for a chuckle: 

https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/4064-upcoming-glorantha-publications/page/13/?tab=comments#comment-202206

For current examples of how that policy works out: 

(1) The hard copy Red Book of Magic is announced for June, and as I recall it was printed in April and is in container ships headed for you and me now.    See this thread for explanation of what I refer to.  https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/13738-red-book-of-magicno-print-version/?tab=comments#comment-214467                (2) Art for the cults book is displayed, and makes me drool -  but no date yet, the book hasn't even been laid out.  https://basicroleplaying.org/topic/13704-art-in-the-cults-book/page/4/?tab=comments#comment-221823             (3) The proofs for the starter set were displayed this week, but no date given.  https://www.chaosium.com/blogrunequest-starter-set-design-diary-7-printers-proofs-are-back/   

Follow Rick Meints for his frequent and detailed explanations of why. But to summarize it, there is no upside for Chaosium:  If they make the date there is no unusual reward, but if they don't make it then they get bad-mouthed.  And there are a lot of opportunities to fall behind a production schedule.   

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
found the link i wanted!
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Squaredeal Sten said:

If they make the date there is no unusual reward, but if they don't make it then they get bad-mouthed. 

By certain people.

The rest of us just wait patiently, as we have done for nearly 40 years.

• Like 4

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

According to my notes based upon interviews with Jason and Jeff on various ocasions, InpromptuCom etc. 

No DATES are given but the titles/themes of the books most likely to get published from now to Q1 2022: 

4034 The Red Book of Magic
4035 RuneQuest Starter Set Box
Weapons & Equipment Guide
Gamemaster Book
Sartar Homeland Box
Cults of Glorantha slipcase set
RuneQuest Campaign Guide

It seems to me that both titles the OP mentioned (Equipment book and GM Guide) are not so far away then you might think they are. 

Edited by AndreJarosch

On 5/11/2021 at 2:12 AM, Adaras said:

Hi everyone.

Been rummaging around and trying to find some good info but cant seem to fine any idea of when we might get the two next source books. 

Can anyone help with an idea of the time frame? 

Both of the books you asked about, the Weapons & Equipment Guide and the GameMaster book, have not gone to layout yet. The Weapons & Equipment book is almost ready to go to layout. That is the most accurate status we can provide. There is a very good chance the PDF for the weapons & equipment guide will be available in a few months. We can provide a better date for the printed version of it once it has gone to the printers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 6

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.