I am developing a handout generator

I started developing a handout generator because I needed one for my games. If anyone wants to give it a try you can test it out on https://handouts.cthulhuarchitect.com

You can all help me build the best handout generator:

• If you have some old documents - you can scan them and send them to me to be added for free on the handout generator

• If you have some idea on how to make this better - your feedback is deeply appreciated.

• If you find any bug you can report it so I can fix it.

NOTICE: If you use mobile devices - you may not be able to download the actual images. Please try on your desktop/laptop.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Very nice. The only suggestion is to make the handouts PDFs rather than images, that would allow you to generate multi page handouts, and PDFs are more durable. Some email services resize email images whether you want them resized or not, but are less invasive when it comes to PDFs. The only downside of PDFs is they don't work on some Android devices.

The other thing you would do is include a Cthulhu kant generator, for creating insane babble. There are plenty of examples on the web including source code. Hours of fun.

Edited by EricW
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, EricW said:

Very nice. The only suggestion is to make the handouts PDFs rather than images, that would allow you to generate multi page handouts, and PDFs are more durable. Some email services resize email images whether you want them resized or not, but are less invasive when it comes to PDFs. The only downside of PDFs is they don't work on some Android devices.

The other thing you would do is include a Cthulhu kant generator, for creating insane babble. There are plenty of examples on the web including source code. Hours of fun.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind and possibly implement in the future.

About Cthulhu kant generator and insane babbles. Can you elaborate a bit? I think I didn't get what you meant. Can you show me an example?

4 hours ago, cthulhu_architect said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind and possibly implement in the future.

About Cthulhu kant generator and insane babbles. Can you elaborate a bit? I think I didn't get what you meant. Can you show me an example?

Sure. Trigger warning, some people might find this politically offensive. I’m providing this as a code example only, not to push a political view on this forum.

All the code is javascript in the page itself, so you can create your own by changing the list of stock phrases. Every time you refresh it generates a new random essay.

https://desirableapps.com/kant.html

Edited by EricW
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...