Changes to Roll20 RuneQuest community sheet

dvdmacateer

Roll20 has recently released a Character Sheet Enhancement update.  This update has made changes that effect the layout of  a large number of community sheets.  Changes will have to be made to all of these sheets to stop layouts breaking.  Currently there is a setting that has been added so that custom sheets are not effected but as we have seen Roll20 can do things that effect users and creators with little or no warning. 

I am currently working on changing the sheet so that layout does not break in the future. I need volunteers who will test the changes I have made to stop the layout breaking.   If you are interested in doing this please send me a PM/DM and will send you an invite.

Edited by dvdmacateer
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

OK thanks to everyone who has been testing. Things have moved beyond the layout changes and I need and to do some more work and as well as test  what I have currently and check everything is functioning as it should be in sheet sandbox which only sheet creators have access too.

• Thanks 4

The update  is live on  Roll20 now.

Changes to sheet so that layout does not break when legacy sheet toggle is switched off
HTML added datalists to provide a dropdown for weapons. Note that datalist do not behave as comboboxes the list limited based on the content of the input.
Fixed. Hit Locations table 1-4 should be the right leg but is the left, 5-8 should be the left leg but is the right
Fixed Improvement rolls which roll exactly the threshold to increase. 
Removed yellow box around roll results for improvement rolls
The skill value for a weapon skill name that does not exist or is spelt incorrectly will be set to 0
Added ability to translate rune affinity labels
Fixed wrapping of attribute text labels on Firefox
Fixed issues with buff spells
Fixed fumble breakpoints for Honor, Passions and Spirit Combat
Added Ritual to spell duration for Spirit Magic.
Fixed 2nd Button under Spirit Magic to behave correctly.
Added Cast label to clarify buttons under Spirit Magic.
Fixed criticals < 10%
Added input for bonuses to spirit combat damage

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

I'm preparing adventurers for tonight's game as we speak. The sheet looks good.

I'm not sure what default box on a weapon line means though. When I check it and roll, it halves the skill used (90% broadsword rolls as 45%). It may have been like this before and I've just never used it. Unless there is another explanation for what this is?

Edited by David Scott

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

3 minutes ago, David Scott said:

I'm not sure what default box on a weapon line means though. When I check it and roll, it halves the skill used (90% broadsword rolls as 45%). It may have been like this before and I've just never used it. Unless there is another explanation for what this is?

It's for using one skill as the default for another weapon. E.g if the adventurer is using a Kopis captured from the perfidious Lunars during a daring escape but doesn’t have any training in Kopis. You'd set up the weapons row with Kopis as the weapon, Broadsword as the skill, and the default check box ticked.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, David Scott said:

It's been there from the start.

p.g. 207 
Weapon Categories
Each of the weapons tables (page 208–209) list melee weapons by categories (such as 1H Sword). An adventurer
can use any other melee weapon in the same weapon category (such as 1H Axe, Fist, 1H Sword, etc.) at 1/2 the skill rating of the best skill the adventurer has in that category

Explanation of Headings
STR/DEX: The minimum necessary STR and DEX required to handle the weapon. An excess of STR makes up for a lack of DEX, on a 2 for 1 basis. Thus, an adventurer with a 10 STR and a 12 DEX can use a rapier (which requires a 7 STR and a 13 DEX). If both STR and DEX are below the requirements, all attacks and parries with the weapon are performed at half skill

• Thanks 3

That brilliant, thank you! I might have spotted one other issue, a critical crush should do max weapon damage, plus max damage bonus plus max damage bonus again (according to the Well of Daliath). This looks to roll one of the damage bonus dice.

27 minutes ago, Glyph said:

a critical crush should do max weapon damage, plus max damage bonus plus max damage bonus again (according to the Well of Daliath).

This is correct. Max weapon plus max db twice

27 minutes ago, Glyph said:

This looks to roll one of the damage bonus dice.

Note I set the mace to D4 damage so I could see it against the other rolls:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 13.33.59.png

This would appear to be the case, I would expect 4+6+6.

Note however this error will have little effect on the game as a 1H mace would actually do 8+6+1D6, so 15-20 not 20 damage, with no armour protection. The target is likely to be dead or incapacitated anyway.

2 minutes ago, Scotty said:

...interesting to see what it does with negative damage modifiers. At my table, I think I would ignore any negative damage modifier on a critical crush. I think applying -8 on a critical hit to someone who has a -1D4 damage modifier would be a little unfair! Even -2 (counting -1 as the "max" of -1 to -4) would be rough.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Note I set the mace to D4 damage so I could see it against the other rolls:

Screenshot 2021-06-01 at 13.33.59.png

This would appear to be the case, I would expect 4+6+6.

Note however this error will have little effect on the game as a 1H mace would actually do 8+6+1D6, so 15-20 not 20 damage, with no armour protection. The target is likely to be dead or incapacitated anyway.

Fixed. But won't show up until the next merge. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PhilHibbs said:

...interesting to see what it does with negative damage modifiers. At my table, I think I would ignore any negative damage modifier on a critical crush. I think applying -8 on a critical hit to someone who has a -1D4 damage modifier would be a little unfair! Even -2 (counting -1 as the "max" of -1 to -4) would be rough.

Max damage bonus  is set to zero for negative damage bonus but specials will roll the negative damage. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Scotty said:

I will note as an amusing aside that my players have been extremely grateful for this rule during the first year of the Grove of Green Rock when the comedy troupe, er, the trollkin skirmishers criticalled with their slings.... and no damage bonus. 😂

I'm rather looking forward to the second year of that scenario which I have altered somewhat to play to certain characters abilities and which will involve me describing one opponent as the ugliest glittering flying disco ball that they’ve ever seen...

Edited by Arcadiagt5