Bug reports

Trifletraxor

Just to let you know I just got 'Byron Alexander, you do not have permission to access this page' when I went to http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/ (which is the page I have bookmarked).

It isn't a big problem, I'm here obviously, I just clicked on the 'Forum' button and got to http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/forum.php

As it is a bug, though, I thought I'd let you know its happening.

Do you still have this problem now that the CMS is "up"? The default destination for http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/ is the "Home" (CMS) section, that haven't worked previously.

And, oddly enough, my own post above appears blank except for the sig as well.

I think it *may* have something to do with whether the reply was made using the "Reply To Thread" button (my first post, which is blank) or just the "Reply" link tied to an individual message.

Very weird. Anyone else having this problem? I've tested replies in different modes without being able to reproduce that problem. What kind of browser do you use?

Me too. The site also refuses to remember my user name and login. I use Chrome, but didn't have this problem under the old regime.

Okay, I'll download Chrome and see if it's a browser specific problem or something else.

Hmmm... I still can't find the two recent threads I tried - the one on negative damage modifiers and the one about armour spawned by the linen armour link. Is it just that my search-fu is weak?

Could they be part of the sacrifice? Atgxtg needed 2 weeks of threads to not end the world you know. If they were startet less than two weeks ago then that could be it.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very weird. Anyone else having this problem? I've tested replies in different modes without being able to reproduce that problem. What kind of browser do you use?

It happens using Camino (a native Cocoa version of Firefox) on Mac OS X 10.6.2, but not on Firefox or Safari (which I must sheepishly admit that I hadn't tested with yet, since Camino is my main browser for non-work things). So it definitely seems to be browser-specific. Odd.

75/420

---

Geek blogging at http://strangestones.com

Just to let you know I just got 'Byron Alexander, you do not have permission to access this page' when I went to http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/ (which is the page I have bookmarked).

It isn't a big problem, I'm here obviously, I just clicked on the 'Forum' button and got to http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/forum.php

Ditto. Also using Chrome (obviously, I can't use IE anymore now our EuroMasters have told us not to...)

Ah ... everything posted over the last two weeks is gone ? :shocked:

I feel rust's pain on this one. He's posted an absolute shed-load of stuff for his SciFi setting - and it's been totally wiped.

Can it - and perhaps other stuff from the Lost Fortnight - be restored, please?

I'm also a little saddened the BRP QuickStart downloads count has been put back to 127-ish again. It was up to 357+ and going well. I also don't know if the new download is from the same URL as I have merrily been posting about various forums... will eager new potential BRP-players now just be getting broken link?

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

Could you try accessing the CMS page again? There's one article there now, maybe that was the problem? Also, are everyone having this problem, or just a select group?

Still happ'nin' at "http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/". But I just changed my bookmark to "http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/forum.php" and all is well...

Britain has been infiltrated by soviet agents to the highest levels. They control the BBC, the main political party leaderships, NHS & local council executives, much of the police, most newspapers and the utility companies. Of course the EU is theirs, through-and-through. And they are among us - a pervasive evil, like Stasi.

I feel rust's pain on this one. He's posted an absolute shed-load of stuff for his SciFi setting - and it's been totally wiped.

I do not miss the material I have posted there, because I do of course have that material here,

too. What I really miss are all the excellent posts from others with their ideas and proposals for

the setting. While I made notes, I did not copy the entire posts, and so quite a lot of good ideas

went into the Internet Nirvana. :(

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

OK here's a (new?) bug - couldn't upload a PDF file. (I was trying to replace the PDF version of rpgstarwizard's alien-generation one I uploaded the other day, which has been zapped).

The error message told me the file types I'm limited to uploading is:

I feel rust's pain on this one. He's posted an absolute shed-load of stuff for his SciFi setting - and it's been totally wiped. Can it - and perhaps other stuff from the Lost Fortnight - be restored, please?

To be honest, I'm happy that we didn't loose more. I had some hours of gut-wrenching vertigo where I was afraid that we'd lost it ALL. I'm not even going to prod that database for quite some time now. We're stable now, and I probably don't need any more downtime to fix the rest. So, I'm sorry, but it's quite lost. (And I think Atgxtg will refuse to regurgitate any of it)

I'm also a little saddened the BRP QuickStart downloads count has been put back to 127-ish again. It was up to 357+ and going well. I also don't know if the new download is from the same URL as I have merrily been posting about various forums... will eager new potential BRP-players now just be getting broken link?

The links files in the download section should still be valid. :)

OK here's a (new?) bug - couldn't upload a PDF file. (I was trying to replace the PDF version of rpgstarwizard's alien-generation one I uploaded the other day, which has been zapped).

The error message told me the file types I'm limited to uploading is:

Big bug, fixing it now. No extensions where allowed by default...

Anyway, I've added: doc, docx, odt, pdf, rtf & txt.

Help me, what other extensions do we need?

SGL.

Do you still have this problem now that the CMS is "up"? The default destination for http://basicroleplaying.com/forum/ is the "Home" (CMS) section, that haven't worked previously.

Funnily enough, when I accessed the site about a minute ago I did still have the problem. However, just now I followed that link AND used my bookmark and both took me to the homepage. So it seems to have been fixed in the last minute by my reckoning.

The Home page is now accessible to me. :thumb:

What about the graphics ones, like jpeg and png ?

(Charlie Chan)

Okay, some of the worst stuff seems to be fixed. Getting late here i Norway, so I'm heading to bed. 25 hrs shift at the hospital tomorrow, so I won't get any work done then, but keep the bug rapports coming, and I'll continue working on it on Thursday. Good night!

SGL.

The links files in the download section should still be valid. :)

They are too. (Just found one and tested it). Phew!

So, I'm sorry, but it's quite lost.

How about restoring the latest pre-upgrade backup into your TEST area, dumping off anything after the latest date we now have into a text file, an posting that for peeps to mine and re-post if they think it vital? (Any mileage or interest in that, anyone?)

How about restoring the latest pre-upgrade backup into your TEST area, dumping off anything after the latest date we now have into a text file, an posting that for peeps to mine and re-post if they think it vital? (Any mileage or interest in that, anyone?)

It would be nice to get a chance to look at those posts again and to make notes of what

I missed when they were still there. However, after some bad experiences with other fo-

rums' problems, I suspect that what we have now is already the latest pre-upgrade back-

up.

(Charlie Chan)

SGL.

xls and ods - the microsoft XL and Open Office Calc extensions. Also, I was thinking of one day adding some sketchup files - the extension for those is .skp.

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

xls and ods - the microsoft XL and Open Office Calc extensions. Also, I was thinking of one day adding some sketchup files - the extension for those is .skp.

Plus we have at least one ODF currently. That's a thought - look through the existing downloads and see what extensions they have?

How about these...?

1. The "Go to first unread post" buttons, on each Forum's thread list screen, don't. They just go to the top of the first page with an unread post on it.

2. The "Go to first unread post" button, in the threads themselves, work ok - but the "View First Unread" text is crashed into and written-over the button - in Chrome (but is fine in IE).

And another one...

I have now re-added the lost "alien generation system (PDF version)"

But it hasn't appeared on in the Downloads list (should be in SciFi|Other) or on the Latest Downloads sidebar list.

PS: Though curiously, it has updated the uploads count both for me and for that area... (and you can find it if you "Search Downloads"). Weird!

Edited by frogspawner
PS

The Home page is now accessible to me. :thumb:

With time, the "Home" page will become the new startpage, with articles and news arranged in sections. Still needs a couple of weeks before that's ready though.

Plus we have at least one ODF currently. That's a thought - look through the existing downloads and see what extensions they have?

Added jpg, png, gif, skp, ods & xls before I went to work. I'll add jpeg tomorrow. What kind of extension is ODF? Looking through the downloads and their files sounds like a good idea.

I never managed to set up the test area. All the databases newer than the one I used are corrupted in some way.

How about these...?

1. The "Go to first unread post" buttons, on each Forum's thread list screen, don't. They just go to the top of the first page with an unread post on it.

Yes, that's a software bug. I reported it in the vbulltin forum and have gotten a fix I will implement once I'm home.

2. The "Go to first unread post" button, in the threads themselves, work ok - but the "View First Unread" text is crashed into and written-over the button - in Chrome (but is fine in IE).

I'll look into it when I'm home. Have to download Chrome and check it out.

And another one...

I have now re-added the lost "alien generation system (PDF version)"

But it hasn't appeared on in the Downloads list (should be in SciFi|Other) or on the Latest Downloads sidebar list.

PS: Though curiously, it has updated the uploads count both for me and for that area... (and you can find it if you "Search Downloads"). Weird!

Hmm... Maybe there's some moderator default rules in play. I'll get a fix on that tomorrow.

The Remember Me setting is now working. If you fixed this Trif, many thanks!

Not me. Must be magic. And you're using the same browser?

SGL.