Holy Days for Chaotic Cults

Godlearner

2 hours ago, Godlearner said:

Do Chaos cults such as Primal Chaos, Puchango, Krarsht, Krjalk, Seseine and Urain have Holy Days? When? Asking for a friend.

Primal Chaos "Worship occurs on any day of the year, begun either at sunrise or sundown." Cults of Terror p25.

Krarsht "The cult deliberately aligned its ceremonial days to conflict with those of the Storm Bull. Thus its holy days are during Stasis week of each season: on Freezeday in Sea-season, on Waterday in Fire-season, on Clayday in Earth-season, on Windsday in Dark-season, and Fireday in Storm-season.
The cult high holy day for the year also is Wildday, Stasis week, Storm-season.
" Cults of Terror p78

Krjalk "There are no days particularly holy to Krjalk." Lords of Terror p58

Pocharngo: "Holy Days are impulsively determined by the priest, who notifies the cultists of the next worship service at their discretion.  This is usually once per season.  Services are held in different locations each time, selected by the priest.  There was once a high holy day for the cult, but it changed and so was lost." Lords of Terror p66

The reasoning for Krarsht's holy days doesn't really make a lot of sense to me and I think the writer got hung-up on Krarsht being the anti-Storm Bull.  

• Like 4

I like the idea of Urain not being chaotic, just being a natural extension of Storm's ultra-violent tendencies. I think King of Sartar gives Urain's origin as Orlanth being in a really bad mood and having a pounding headache, so he throws it off and creates Urain.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

50 minutes ago, soltakss said:

I like the idea of Urain not being chaotic, just being a natural extension of Storm's ultra-violent tendencies.

I think it's both. On the one hand, it really is just excessive battle fury and violent black moods. On the other, since it might mean you may have to put down a kinsman like a rabid dog, it causes Chaos. It becomes Chaotic when it goes overboard this way.

Urain might not be a "proper" god, just a name for the phenomenon.

Edited by Akhôrahil

• 5 months later...
On 5/30/2021 at 11:39 AM, soltakss said:

I like the idea of Urain not being chaotic, just being a natural extension of Storm's ultra-violent tendencies. I think King of Sartar gives Urain's origin as Orlanth being in a really bad mood and having a pounding headache, so he throws it off and creates Urain.

Confirmed by Jeff Richard:

• Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 12:11 AM, metcalph said:

The reasoning for Krarsht's holy days doesn't really make a lot of sense to me and I think the writer got hung-up on Krarsht being the anti-Storm Bull.  

I mean... At least the storm bullys will hopefully be too busy doing their own ceremonies to mess with Krarsht's that way, I guess?

Then I'd expect his holidays to fall in Harmony week of each season, with the day of the week varying by the element, principle or entity/ies enslaved in the holiday's associated myth.  I'd also expect that in Fonrit the high holy day is Fireday, Harmony Week, to celebrate the supreme deed of shackling of the sun.