Jump to content

RuneQuest Adventurer Reputation Sheet - free download


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, MOB said:

To properly recount your RuneQuest character's exploits and achievements we've added the Adventurer Reputation sheet to our RuneQuest Character Sheets page. Free downloads that can printed and freely used by you and your players.

 

Fantastic, thanks MOB or to whoever put this together!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice, thanks @MOB!  This actually makes me wonder about something I thought of while looking at the list of things that get you a Reputation bonus (RQG p238). Some of them are good, some of them are bad... so someone may know you primarily from any of those things you're known for! With this new sheet, instead of writing the modifier on the right-hand column, you could write each total as it goes up. Now you have basically a table of Reputations: whenever someone rolls to determine if they know you, look up the rolled number on that table, and the next entry (nearest higher number) is what they primarily know you for!  "Hello, I'm Gornan Trollkiller, slayer of...."   "Oh I know you! You're Gornan, the guy who threw up on the chieftain's shoes!"

Plus, that removes the need for the total Reputation at the top since the latest entry specifies your current score.

Of course it gets a bit trickier when rolling with bonuses (such as the +25% for people in the same clan), and I don't even know if it's actually interesting or fun to do, so I need to think about it a bit more and playtest it, but you probably get the general idea.

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2021 at 4:30 AM, lordabdul said:

Nice, thanks @MOB!  This actually makes me wonder about something I thought of while looking at the list of things that get you a Reputation bonus (RQG p238). Some of them are good, some of them are bad... so someone may know you primarily from any of those things you're known for! With this new sheet, instead of writing the modifier on the right-hand column, you could write each total as it goes up. Now you have basically a table of Reputations: whenever someone rolls to determine if they know you, look up the rolled number on that table, and the next entry (nearest higher number) is what they primarily know you for!  "Hello, I'm Gornan Trollkiller, slayer of...."   "Oh I know you! You're Gornan, the guy who threw up on the chieftain's shoes!"

Plus, that removes the need for the total Reputation at the top since the latest entry specifies your current score.

Of course it gets a bit trickier when rolling with bonuses (such as the +25% for people in the same clan), and I don't even know if it's actually interesting or fun to do, so I need to think about it a bit more and playtest it, but you probably get the general idea.

Simply put, if you rolled with your bonus, you're known for something related to that bonus, so eg. if you have reputation of 25% and roll with +25% for the same clan, the other guy knows you for being from the same clan, having met you in some clan function, or something. 

I like this idea, though it will break down when your reputation goes above 100%

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

It’s already happened in one of my games…

Please do tell!  Were the players particularly lucky with the Reputation gain rolls, or was the GM particularly generous, or was it just that they played for a LONG time? Or all of the above?

Also, I'm curious how you play with PCs who are absolutely known everywhere by everybody... Were they known for generally heroic deeds? Or was there a mix of good and bad stuff (or, at least, all relative depending on who they visit) ? How did you handle that? Were there crowds routinely gathering anywhere they went, a bit like what happens any time a pop star shows up in a public place? What kind of upsides and downsides did you come up with? Etc.

Edited by lordabdul
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Please do tell!  Were the players particularly lucky with the Reputation gain rolls, or was the GM particularly generous, or was it just that they played for a LONG time? Or all of the above?

OK, lets work through it. I don't remember all the awards but:

  • Defending Apple Lane: 1d3%
  • Cattle Raid: 2d3%
  • Dragon of Thunder Hills: usually around 3D6%
  • Smoking Ruin is a flat +12%
  • Urvantan's Tower is 1D6%
  • Pegasus Plateau 1D6%
  • Grey Crane: 3+1D4+1D3%
  • Rattling Wind: Up to 1D4+1D2+1
  • Crimson Petals: 1D3
  • JC: The Throat of Winter: 1D3+1D6+1d10 (once they permanently [SPOILER DELETED])

Plus some other JC adventures I don't have handy. There's close to 60% average just in those published adventures, plus close to 20% in some cases out of Character Creation. 

I think I've actually been fudging the rewards down somewhat over time, but it still adds up really quickly if you've been running weekly sessions for a couple of years.

13 hours ago, lordabdul said:

Also, I'm curious how you play with PCs who are absolutely known everywhere by everybody... Were they known for generally heroic deeds? Or was there a mix of good and bad stuff (or, at least, all relative depending on who they visit) ? How did you handle that? Were there crowds routinely gathering anywhere they went, a bit like what happens any time a pop star shows up in a public place? What kind of upsides and downsides did you come up with? Etc.

That... I'm still working on how to handle. One sort of permanent effect has been that they've become Queen Leika's default go-to for handy and expendable troubleshooters. Since they tend to come back from those sorts of missions fairly regularly, she sends them on new ones. :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

There's close to 60% average just in those published adventures, plus close to 20% in some cases out of Character Creation. 

That's super interesting -- it never occurred to me to add all those things together to see how high it can go. How long has your group been playing?

I wonder if the Reputation gain mechanics would benefit from something like the CoC SAN rolls. For instance, to gain Reputation, you first roll on your existing Reputation. On a failure, you get the normal Reputation gain (like, say, +1D3%). On a success, you get the minimal Reputation gain (in that case, just 1%). The reasoning here is that as you get more famous, your new deeds just add to your resume in a way people expect, and so they don't talk about you much more than before: it's all "yeah that guy is our tribe hero, he was last year, and he's definitely still this year"... otherwise, I suppose you could become more famous than Harrek and the Red Emperor by defending 50 hamlets against 50 Tusk Rider raids... 😉 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lordabdul said:

That's super interesting -- it never occurred to me to add all those things together to see how high it can go. How long has your group been playing?

Let me see now… I think I started both the Canberra and Perth games in 2019 with both shifting to Roll20 early in 2020. Mostly weekly in both cases but relatively short sessions 3-4 hours tops. So an adventure, or even a long fight, can run to several sessions. I'm seriously considering biasing towards smaller numbers of deadlier opponents in future - the comedy troupe, er, massed trollkin can present a credible threat but need a lot of time to run, especially in cramped caves.

Such as in the aftermath to Remembering Caroman if the party don’t take the initial hints regarding [SPOILER DELETED] and need to make a return visit to the trollkin to [SPOILER DELETED]. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Such as in the aftermath to Remembering Caroman if the party don’t take the initial hints regarding [SPOILER DELETED] and need to make a return visit to the trollkin to [SPOILER DELETED]. 

image.png.b6896bbfe967bbaf5474632f794658f1.png
That eyeball above (after the first demarcation and the BIUandS) when editing or composing a post should give you (let’s try it)...
 

Spoiler

spoilers.

YEP, WOIKED LAK A CHAHM!

 


cheers

 

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

image.png.b6896bbfe967bbaf5474632f794658f1.png
That eyeball above (after the first demarcation and the BIUandS) when editing or composing a post should give you (let’s try it)...
 

  Reveal hidden contents

spoilers.

YEP, WOIKED LAK A CHAHM!

 


cheers

 

COOL! Thanks for that. 

I must admit though that I have been known to, particularly on social media, have had a lot of fun using things like [REDACTED] or [SPOILER DELETED]. Bugs Bunny Voice: Aint I a stinker? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Arcadiagt5 said:

Aint I a stinker? 

From what I have seen, I will have to answer yes to that query. Lucky you!

Yep, it looked like you mighta appreciated that bit of spoileroo fu, and l have been given assistance before so why not pass it on?

Cheers

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Yep, it looked like you mighta appreciated that bit of spoileroo fu, and l have been given assistance before so why not pass it on?

 

Humour aside, this is why BRP is one of the very few forum sites I still visit regularly. The community here is great, and I definitely want to support that. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Arcadiagt5 said:

Humour aside, this is why BRP is one of the very few forum sites I still visit regularly. The community here is great, and I definitely want to support that. 

After a few years sometimes I wonder, and then someone like you reminds me of what it is like out there.

Cheers

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lordabdul said:

I wonder if the Reputation gain mechanics would benefit from something like the CoC SAN rolls. For instance, to gain Reputation, you first roll on your existing Reputation. On a failure, you get the normal Reputation gain (like, say, +1D3%). On a success, you get the minimal Reputation gain (in that case, just 1%). The reasoning here is that as you get more famous, your new deeds just add to your resume in a way people expect, and so they don't talk about you much more than before: it's all "yeah that guy is our tribe hero, he was last year, and he's definitely still this year"... otherwise, I suppose you could become more famous than Harrek and the Red Emperor by defending 50 hamlets against 50 Tusk Rider raids... 😉 

I think this is a good suggestion, and one I'll look at very carefully. Thanks! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...