What's your favorite beer?

Solardog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You know in the fall around Halloween here on the East Coast of the US especially in Penna. you can find Pumpkin Spice Ale that isn't all that bad. There are a couple of makers of it but it can be surprisingly good...especially ..."Cold"!

Penn

Old time RPGer of +34 yrs, player/DM/GM.

You know in the fall around Halloween here on the East Coast of the US especially in Penna. you can find Pumpkin Spice Ale that isn't all that bad.

Penn

He who controls the Spice controls the universe!

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

Your Funny Conrad!

Penn

:confused: Funny how? The spice reference was from the movie Dune, which I hope you got. Your statement reminds me of this scene in the movie Goodfellas ( Don't open this within earshot of children or those easily offended by gangsters swearing every other word) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_ff46b58Hk

Edited by Conrad
http://www.basicrps.com/core/BRP_quick_start.pdf A sense of humour and an imagination go a long way in roleplaying. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, how do you delete a post on this forum? The above post was in reply to Gianni Vacca's post about Budweiser. But I couldn't edit it to quote from him in it. Made this post to clarify it, as I couldn't delete the above post.

Edited by Dredj

Ok, how do you delete a post on this forum? The above post was in reply to Gianni Vacca's post about Budweiser. But I couldn't edit it to quote from him in it. Made this post to clarify it, as I couldn't delete the above post.

Dredj, have you been drinking?:7

Oh, come on. What's wrong with the US version other than the watered-down non-taste:?;-D

Reply with Quote, copy the whole reply, cancel the reply (or use the back button), click on the edit button on your post and paste the copied text in with the quote and hey presto!

I like Czech beers. My favourite is Budweiser (that is, the ORIGINAL Budweiser, nothing to do with the US copycat).

Added the quote after editing to show it can be done :)

Edited by soltakss
Checking that it works ...

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

Deuchars IPA.

Maloof took up his tankard. "For want of a better toast, I salute the ten thousand generations of brewmasters who, through their unflagging genius, have in effect made this moment possible!"

That's from Jack Vance's Lurulu, probably the beeriest sf novel in the world.

Hm, off the top of my head:

Leffe Brune/Blond/Triple/Radieuse

Grimbergen Brune/Blond/Dubbel/Grand Cru

Kwak

Mared-Sous Brune

Kloster Andechs Doppelbock Dunkel

Bofferding (very difficult to get outside Luxemborg!)

Herold Black Lager

Asahi Black

Gordon's Christmas

err, there's probably quite a few more.

Mark

Always start what you finish.

• 6 months later...

Of course, all is forgiven if you boil some brats in that beer and serve 'em up on toasted buns with fried onions and peppers. O:)

Boiling children in beer is a waste of beer, IMO. X( For one thing, no matter how much you scrub them they never quite come clean. Blech!:P

"Tell me what you found, not what you lost" Mesopotamian proverb

Probably too many to list, but:

Murphy's Irish Stout (I like it a tad better than Guinness - Murphy's is a little smoother).

Newcastle Brown (but in a bottle, for some reason it's better in the bottle than on tap)

Stone Brewing's Arrogant Bastard Ale

Ballast Point's Belgian White (sadly, no longer brewed)

I had a great Espresso Stout once (brewed with real coffee), can't recall who brewed it though.

I also enjoy Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout.

Finally, I have brewed much of my own with friends, and plan on starting up again.

The fun of once managing a pub ...

Ian