Journal of Runic Studies

Lordabdul

On 9/7/2021 at 10:31 PM, Joerg said:

Thanks for telling us, but at least from my end, I can see no problems.

But then I am only administrator for content. Does the problem still exist, and has anybody else had that experience?

Yes, it is, but it's intermittent, yesterday I was able to listen the your Episode 3 podcast (which was great by the way), but immediately after that it stopped working and I couldn't connect and same again today. I would say it's a problem at my end, but it's the only website where I have this problem and have had since you started godlearners.com

I sent Martin a PM, we'll try to figure this out...

In other news, the Journal of Runic Studies #13 is out, with more commentary on the Battle of Queens in Chaosium's actual play, many "Jeff Notes", Thirsty Sword Vingans, French #RuneQuest, real-world Rainbow Mounds, cheating merchants, and more!

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Should the "What cult should you join?" item in Journal #14 have a link to anything?

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

On 9/20/2021 at 11:14 AM, Alex said:

Yelorna...  also somehow.  Which I'm mostly happy with, except for the parts involving living in Prax, and the "My Little Pony" jibes.

There are many Yelornans in Prax. However, that does not mean all Yelornans live in Prax! 

Also, I think the unicorns aren't very ponyriffic. They're feral killers.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

There are many Yelornans in Prax. However, that does not mean all Yelornans live in Prax! 

True I suppose, there's bound to be some sporadic worship in neighbouring cultures (like Sartar), and in mythically connected one (like Dara Happa).

23 minutes ago, Qizilbashwoman said:

Also, I think the unicorns aren't very ponyriffic. They're feral killers.

Oh indeed, I wasn't thinking of gameworld taunts!  I don't see Prax as a great place for lighthearted ribbing at the best of time, and I were to start, it wouldn't be with a bunch of stabby hard-bitten gender-separatists.

I was thinking rather more of the at-the-table ones.  And I speak here as the traumatised former player of a noble celestial qilin sage in another game...

• Like 1

On 9/20/2021 at 7:34 AM, Sid Vicarious said:

Is it this? 

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/12386274/What-Gloranthan-Cult-should-you-join

I got Irippi Ontor too. 

I don't know what I expected. :20-element-moon::20-power-life::20-form-chaos::20-element-moon:934785567_Capture_2021-09-22-13-00-14.png.7b2b0670a202225c0619f8388229690b.png

Edited by Eff

Though a Lunar through and through, she is also a human being.

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask

7 hours ago, d(sqrt(-1)) said:

Yelorna for me too. Which is ok except for the, you know, not being an Amazon in any way...

Yelorna for me as well.  Which seemed odd with my selection of Moon for Element.  Perhaps it is missing some of the key Lunar deities like the Conquering Daughter?

• 3 weeks later...

The Journal of Runic Studies #18 is out! Which means I forgot to post here last week 😄 (you can find #17 over here) Anyway, this week is a big one, with Chaosium Con, more Starter Set unboxing, LOTS of annotated Jeff Notes, a quick miniatures roundup, and a rant on the metric system in RPG rules!

Feel free to provide feedback (here or in private) about whether the notes and comments on Jeff's posts are useful or not. They are fun to write, but I can just keep them in my head if everybody skips them and goes read the posts for themselves. 😉 

Edited by lordabdul
  • Like 1

Ludovic aka Lordabdul -- read and listen to  The God Learners , the Gloranthan podcast, newsletter, & blog !

Unlike the King of Sartar version, there’s nothing about leaving someone in charge at the Storm Tribe stead, but there’s more about the early journey.

Yes, if only there was someone in the Storm Tribe who could guard the stead. Whatever happened to that guy?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

--

The Voralans presents Glorantha's magical mushroom humanoids, the black elves. "Absolutely phenomenal" - Austin C. "Seriously weird-ass shit" - John D. "A great piece of work" - Leon K. The Electrum best-selling The Children of Hykim documents Glorantha's shape-changing totemic animal people, the Hsunchen. "Magisterial ... highly recommended" - Nick Brooke. "Lovingly detailed and scholarly, and fun to read" - John H. "Absolutely wonderful!" - Morgan C.

The Journal of Runic Studies #20 is out! RuneQuest Starter Set release date, Katrin Dirim gets a well deserved award, a Kraken panel, small stories, new Jonstown Compendium releases, Orlanthi marriages, clan adoption, made-up deities, and more!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Journal of Runic Studies #24 is out! Some great Jonstown Compendium books available in POD, a LOT of annotations to Jeff's posts about Aeolians, broos, and honour, a miniatures roundup, and more!

By the way, thanks to those who send us feedback, it's always greatly appreciated! And we have now passed a hundred subscribers to the email version of this newsletter! More information here.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1