Out now in full color hardback: The Red Book of Magic

MOB

On 7/14/2021 at 10:18 AM, Arcadiagt5 said:

HUZZAH! Ordered and mentioned in the private discord servers for the games that I’m running that it’s now available.

AusPost delivered mine this morning.  Thanks to lockdown I was at home to receive it and enjoy the moment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RandomNumber said:

AusPost delivered mine this morning.  Thanks to lockdown I was at home to receive it and enjoy the moment.

Got mine yesterday and at least one of my players has one too. From my reading, it seems reasonable that True Axe would be a logical version of True (Weapon). I'm waiting for an appropriate moment, preferably when a spit take is possible, to suggest that to my Babeester Gor player who likes using a Dagger Axe. The expression on her face when she reaches “6D6” in her mental calculations (won’t take long, she's a physicist) should be glorious to behold. 

• Haha 2

On 7/22/2021 at 5:32 AM, Tupper said:

Is the leatherette version coming to Australia? Or is it something that has to be ordered from the US/UK/EU stores?

Yeah, I'm waiting for the leatherette version to be stocked in Australia before ordering my copy too...

My friendly neighbourhood store informs me that they do not carry Chaosium, so no Call of Cthulhu says I. Oh we carry that, just not RQ... in a city of a million people and a large and old FRP tradition. So, Chaosium, if you have an ambassador for these kind of things, the store is Warp 1 in Edmonton Ab. I have already bought a ton of your stuff from your store now I would like to buy hardcopy from my FLGS. And play it there, as well. They are saying Universal Distribution does not carry RQ.  @MOBor @Rick Meintsany ideas?...

If you do not sell at a Warp store here, you do not sell in this city for all intents and purposes.

Edited by Bill the barbarian

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

I’m lining up a RQ campaign at my local FLGS, Geek World in Tyler, TX.  They use, I believe, Alliance, which wasn’t showing the title as available the last time I had them check.

Of course they have CoC, and they have added a couple of RG titles since I started doing special orders with them.  I’m actually kind of excited to get a new campaign started, and I know they’re anxious to get the gaming started again (Warhammer seems to be pretty big here).

• 2 weeks later...

There is a typo on each of the Web pages linked to above for both versions of the book. In the Gods & Monsters section, 'compliment' has been used instead of 'complement'.

(Not that I'm not saying that one does not have to watch one's tongue and be appropriately deferent in Glorantha when engaging with gods and monsters.) 

On 8/15/2021 at 12:09 AM, Perdido Sangrenegra said:

There is a typo on each of the Web pages linked to above for both versions of the book. In the Gods & Monsters section, 'compliment' has been used instead of 'complement'.

Thanks for spotting that - I've fixed it on all three pages.

Went to order my print version yesterday. Chaosium.com did not auto-recognize my purchase of the PDF. The order is clearly in my history. I searched my mail for the 'voucher' and found all my previous orders. But no email about a voucher. Any hints as to what I should search for. I know I did not delete it.

Just FINALLY got my dead tree copy yesterday. MUCH easier to use at the game table.

Something that I didn't get from the pdf, but that I realized in hardback is that RBoM is a COMPLETE compendium of Rune and Spirit Magic spells, including the spells in the RQG rulebook. THANKS for that. It's incredibly helpful to have everything in one reference rather than bouncing from one book to another.

17 minutes ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Which PDF reader are you using, some will make many errors. Seems the Adobe one works. Below from Adobe. Also many corrections were made so you will need the latest copy of the PDF.

image.png.19b31aebf835f8a74676bbdcd632a952.png

Sorry Bill. I do not mean the Red Book of Magic itself. There is a new download associated with it:

https://www.chaosium.com/content/FreePDFs/RuneQuest/CHA4034 - Red Book of Magic/RuneQuest - Rune Spell Reference.pdf

It is the Rune Spell Reference. The Rune Spell Reference is a list of each Rune and which Rune spells exist for that Rune. In that download, the list of Truth spells lists Arrow Trance. The list of Plant spells does not list Arrow Trance. So that reference does not correctly match the Runes listed in the original Red Book of Magic. Which you posted.

Handy reference.

I do use Adobe Reader. Here are the screenshots:

image.png.4be2b64e23cca3f0768e00f9728e4011.png

image.png.be7d7b7c2966be8f95bb02ee72b9c3f8.png

I was informed of it in an email with subject: Ab Chaos #159 - Call of Cthulhu – new free character sheets to mark the game's 40th anniversary.

• Helpful 1
  • Thanks 1