Glorantha location encounter tables?

Deanjday

I have just recently got into Glorantha and Runequest and am preparing to run a game for my group. Something which is a bit daunting is the sheer size of places, even if I am limiting the group to a specific region such as Dragon Pass or Prax. My question is are there any good encounter tables for specific places or do you just wing it as to what is potentially encountered? are there any books particuarly that have encounter tables?

1 hour ago, Deanjday said:

are there any books particuarly that have encounter tables?

Secrets of Dorastor and Holiday Dorastor: Temple of Heads both have Encounter Tables in the classic RQ2 Roll a D20 mode.

All of the Holiday Dorastor supplements will have tailored Encounter Tables that amend the general ones for the surrounding area, as well as new ones for newly-described areas.

Secrets of the Oasis Folk will probably have encounter tables for the Wastes and for Oases.

Secrets of the River Voices will have encounter tables for Zola Fel, maybe.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

21 minutes ago, Sir_Godspeed said:

I believe the Guide has something approximating encounter tables. Ranked by commonness and not by dice though.

Regional Event Tables. Similar, anyway.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deanjday said:

I have just recently got into Glorantha and Runequest and am preparing to run a game for my group. Something which is a bit daunting is the sheer size of places, even if I am limiting the group to a specific region such as Dragon Pass or Prax. My question is are there any good encounter tables for specific places or do you just wing it as to what is potentially encountered? are there any books particuarly that have encounter tables?

HeroQuest 2e books had encounter tables for Sartar (Sartar Companion) and Prax & Pavis (Pavis: GTA).

RuneQuest Classic had generic encounter tables at the back of the core rulebook, and a recent Jonstown Compendium community content release refreshed these (slightly) for games set in Sartar: Close Encounters of the Sartar Kind.

Many of the RuneQuest Classics had extensive encounter tables: the best are probably Griffin Mountain, Pavis, Big Rubble and Borderlands. We're talking percentile rolls vs. type of terrain to come up with a random encounter with a fully-statted group of monsters or NPCs. Check 'em out!