Uncommon skills

greger

In the Keeper Rulebook, skill list, page 56, it says for some of the skills: "denotes an uncommon skill not written on the standard investigator sheet".

That makes sense, the choice seems appropriate both in that people would most likely not have them, and they are probably not used that often.

But, my question is, if I were to call out one of them, even if the investigator did not have it on their sheet, would the start value be that of the skill?

I see that most of them have a 1% start value, so not a big deal, but *Animal Handling* has a 5% start value. Would 5% then be the appropriate value for the skill, also for investigators not having the skill on their sheet?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, greger said:

In the Keeper Rulebook, skill list, page 56, it says for some of the skills: "denotes an uncommon skill not written on the standard investigator sheet".

That makes sense, the choice seems appropriate both in that people would most likely not have them, and they are probably not used that often.

But, my question is, if I were to call out one of them, even if the investigator did not have it on their sheet, would the start value be that of the skill?

I see that most of them have a 1% start value, so not a big deal, but *Animal Handling* has a 5% start value. Would 5% then be the appropriate value for the skill, also for investigators not having the skill on their sheet?

Depends what is nessessary to do that skill. 
The skill "Origami folding" might start at 5%, because you have a chance to get the simpler ones right by intuition. 
The skill "Speak Arabic" starts at 0%, because without tuition you have no chance. 
The skill "Quantum Physics" starts a 0%, and requires to have managed "Physics" to at least 50%

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AndreJarosch said:

Depends what is nessessary to do that skill. 
The skill "Origami folding" might start at 5%, because you have a chance to get the simpler ones right by intuition. 
The skill "Speak Arabic" starts at 0%, because without tuition you have no chance. 
The skill "Quantum Physics" starts a 0%, and requires to have managed "Physics" to at least 50%

Oh, for sure, I was thinking of those that are listed in the book.
I guess my rephrased question would be if the starting experience that is listed, counts, wether the skill is on the character sheet or not?

Which I thought would be the case, and which seems to be the case.