A question about old Innsmouth/Deep Ones supplement.

GingerSnap

Hi. Sometime ago I got my hands on Before the Fall from 1998, to complement my future runs on the Escape from Innsmouth campaign. Inside, just before table of contents was an advert for the already available (at that time) books from Lovecraft Country series. What I found interesting, was a small section with the two forthcoming books: Tales out of Innsmouth (Fiction) and Children of the Deep (RPG). I didn't have any problems with finding the fiction anthology, but that Children of the Deep book is practically nonexistent on the internet. The only details I found about it was one sentence in the Introduction section of Before the Fall, which was:

"Watch for Children of the Deep, due out in 1999, which will portray Innsmouth after the federal government raid in 1928."

I guess it never got released? And if that was the case, maybe some of the texts got transferred to some other publication? If anybody got any info about that I will be very grateful. It's not a vital thing, but that could be a very interesting read. The only other time I was able to find anything about Innsmouth and the hybrids after 1928 was short paragraph in the Conclusion section of Escape from Innsmouth, and two of the Sinister Seeds, which is not much.

As discussed in Arkham Gazette 2 (and the Keeper’s Guide to Miskatonic Country Scenarios), “Children of the Deep” was never much more than a book outline, cancelled during the post-Magic bust in the late 90s. Fred Behrendt, the author, has no plans to return to the project. 

Many works of fiction have examined a post-Raid Innsmouth but nothing for CoC. The Delta Green RPG has offered their take on it, focusing more on the imprisoned inhabitants rather than the town. 

• Like 1

An awesome story to read and one of my favs is "Once More from the Top". It's about federal agents (Delta Green as mentioned above) interviewing an old Marine in a nursing home on his experiences in the raid on Innsmouth. He recounts his story to them and it really sheds and describes a lot. He talks about being pulled from fighting in Nicaragua, gearing up then the raid and fighting. It's in the Dark Theatres analogy. Read it if you can.

Oh, I almost forgot, 'The Cthulhu Wars - The United States Battles Against The Mythos' by Ken Hite and Kennon Bauman has a section called Innsmouth And Aftermath (1928-1945)... like above, read it if you can. (I'm going to reach both of these again tonight now.)

Edited by 10baseT
  • Like 1