Castle of Eyes

smiorgan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
40 minutes ago, smiorgan said:

Ah ah! And why are the others listed?

I don't know.  If I were to guess... maybe because someone found it better to bold from a complete list, than to edit the list down.

And maybe I just misunderstood what was said, and it's not "only the bolded items..."  <shrugs>

C'es ne pas un .sig

2 hours ago, g33k said:

I don't know.  If I were to guess... maybe because someone found it better to bold from a complete list, than to edit the list down.

And maybe I just misunderstood what was said, and it's not "only the bolded items..."  <shrugs>

When I made the first draft of the auction item list I did indeed start from my master collector's list of everything Chaosium has published going back to 1975. That master list also includes some notes on things that were cancelled because people occasionally ask about them, especially if those items were advertised as in the works, or were sometimes assigned a product number. I went through and bolded the items that we were actually going to auction and didn't delete many items from the master list. I thought stating clearly and simply that only the items in bold were going to be auctioned was sufficient. Unfortunately, that message seems to have caused confusion. Since getting that feedback, I have eliminated all the items not being auctioned from the updated auction catalog that will be available soon. The full catalog has pictures of each item. I have included the first few pages of the catalog below, which has just a list of the items actually in the auction before the picture pages.

There is one other reason of note for why I included a more complete master list than just will be auctioned. We get asked during the auction about different editions or printings of items that had multiple editions or printings. More specifically, how can you tell the differences between them. The complete master list helps to do that. Some people even just like reading the list and learning about cancelled projects. I certainly do.

2023 Auction Catalog-p1.pdf2023 Auction Catalog-p2.pdf2023 Auction Catalog-p3.pdf

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.