Steamship floorplans published?

Aerinyes

A never-ending struggle for the poor abused Keeper is the search for existing floorpans for scenarios. Developing my own is prohibited by both time and talent. Recently I've been struggling with finding usable maps of a luxury steamship, although frankly there can never be too many excellent maps of just about any structure. Any ideas for sources?

4 hours ago, Aerinyes said:

A never-ending struggle for the poor abused Keeper is the search for existing floorpans for scenarios. Developing my own is prohibited by both time and talent. Recently I've been struggling with finding usable maps of a luxury steamship, although frankly there can never be too many excellent maps of just about any structure. Any ideas for sources?

I have spent a lot of time hunting down and location deck plans.  Of course that doesn't mean I have found and lot of usable deckplans.

But first.  What is your definition of "luxury steamship"?   It is a rather generic term that can be applied to a very wide range of vessels from the 1800's thru the 1950's.  River craft to ocean going.   

Good point. We began a game timeline in 1921, and are currently in August of 1922. So for my immediate purposes, I'm looking at the Mauretania, but frankly, usable floor plans of everything from a cottage to an office building, a riverboat to the Mauretania, are things that would be received happily. Plans included in scenarios generally take a large dollop of willing suspension of disbelief, and invites a dungeon crawl atmosphere rather than the sense that there are nooks and crannies everywhere that something could be tucked away in...

"The millionaire's mansion has two stories and eight rooms."

"Really?"

"Well, they're big rooms, I guess."

You'll find that there is not too much difference tramps freighters, cargo liners and passenger ships from 1900ish thru the 1940's if you steer away from the juggernauts of cutting edge tech.  Most of the common vessels that were more readily available were not as flashy. 

For an immediate reference, do you have Pulp Cthulhu 7th?  It has a very well done RPG passenger ship set in 1931 for the scenario, but is easily fits for any far east liner of the 20's.

I also have a doc about Tramp Steamers that is marked as being "Complied by Greentongue" that is a very good overview for RPG's.  I also have two pages of deckplans and a couple pictures of the ship used as the documents reference, SS Semiramis.  Once you have the title they are easy to find or if you have an email address I can send them.  

I'll look through my various deckplans and floorplans to see what I have that I am free to share.  I have bought a ton of them and they are all currently mixed on my harddrive.

Edited by Spence

I have a deck plan for just a few cabins I made for Masks of Nyarlathotep (MoN). I needed a place for the characters to stroll along the deck whilst they planned strategy.  I made with Dungeon Draft. Easy to use and royalty free on whatever you craft.  The Dungeon Draft app makes that pretty easy (not a lot of 1920 assets, but enough to make general locations). I also attached a version of the map in Roll20 where I added assets from R20's image search that were not in the Dungeon Draft app (e.g., life boats).

I started a new kind of game for my group: Arkham Fragments. The idea is to create a sandbox of Arkham. I made a bunch of common places (library, warehouse, house, speakeasy, etc...). Then when the players want to go somewhere new that I am not prepared for, I try to put them off until the next gaming session so I can whip up a new map for them. For example, one player is a young mechanic at his mom-and-pop auto repair shop (Rosco's Garage). So, I made that map on a hunch something wicked was coming his way (attaching that too).

Lovemaps on DriveThruRPG has a lot of quality maps for a reasonable price though they are specifically for MoN.

Anyway, hope my map works for you (though it's just part of one deck). If you need a generic place, I'd be happy to send them your way.

Ship.jpg

Rosco's Garage.jpg

r20 ship.jpg