Jump to content

RQ Starter Set


Soccercalle

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Soccercalle said:

Any news on the release date? I will try to start a new RQ campaign and it would be great to start with this set.

They are being shipped to our warehouses right now, but global shipping movements are unfortunately very disrupted at the moment so we can't give a concrete date.

1544928050_ShippingContainers.png.9458bbd4339f94c23767856354036a66.png

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The US shipment is on a cargo container ship called COSCO SPAIN:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:689390/mmsi:477776200/imo:9516442/vessel:COSCO_SPAIN

ETA to Long Beach port is August 24th. After it gets unloaded and clears customs it gets sent to Minnesota, which takes a week or so.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The US shipment is on a cargo container ship called COSCO SPAIN:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:689390/mmsi:477776200/imo:9516442/vessel:COSCO_SPAIN

ETA to Long Beach port is August 24th. After it gets unloaded and clears customs it gets sent to Minnesota, which takes a week or so.

Well, THAT'S precise... Thanks, Rick.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breaking news… a bunch of dudes in the 40-50 age range were apprehended staging a marine boarding action on the COSCO Spain off the coast of California. Authorities say the group were extremely disoriented and claimed to be looking for Jonstown.  They were released after saying they were very sorry and wouldn’t do it again and hoped the US Coast Guard wouldn’t tell their partners.  

  • Like 3
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

The US shipment is on a cargo container ship called COSCO SPAIN:
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:689390/mmsi:477776200/imo:9516442/vessel:COSCO_SPAIN

ETA to Long Beach port is August 24th. After it gets unloaded and clears customs it gets sent to Minnesota, which takes a week or so.

Chaosium is holding off making it order'able until all warehouses (except AUS?) have it in-stock, or so I understand...

Is the USA's the last warehouse?  Or might another location still delay things from end-of-Aug / beginning-of-Sep?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, g33k said:

Chaosium is holding off making it order'able until all warehouses (except AUS?) have it in-stock, or so I understand...

I don't think that has been announced. The did that last time (RBoM) because AUS shipping was delayed more than the others. I expect the decision will be made on a case by case basis as to whether to sell in some markets before others.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Red Book of Magic was printed in Poland, and the Starter set was printed in China. Getting each of those two products into our other global warehouses poses different challenges, and different delays. What happens to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other. In the end, we will start selling each product as soon as we feel we are able.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rick Meints said:

The Red Book of Magic was printed in Poland, and the Starter set was printed in China. Getting each of those two products into our other global warehouses poses different challenges, and different delays. What happens to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other. In the end, we will start selling each product as soon as we feel we are able.

TYVM Rick -- but the core question remains:  is the USA estimate (ship's ETA 24 Aug, + unloading & customs, then about a week to MN warehouse) expected to mark general availability, or is another shipping/customs/warehouse situation likely to take even longer (and Chaosium therefore may need to delay roll-out)?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

The Red Book of Magic was printed in Poland, and the Starter set was printed in China. Getting each of those two products into our other global warehouses poses different challenges, and different delays. What happens to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other. In the end, we will start selling each product as soon as we feel we are able.

Let me guess... Even though I'm probably just down the road from the printers )here in China), I'll still have to pay a fortune to have it re-shipped back here... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, RandomNumber said:

Breaking news… a bunch of dudes in the 40-50 age range were apprehended staging a marine boarding action on the COSCO Spain off the coast of California. Authorities say the group were extremely disoriented and claimed to be looking for Jonstown.  They were released after saying they were very sorry and wouldn’t do it again and hoped the US Coast Guard wouldn’t tell their partners.  

Were they confused by the lack of giant baby below deck?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, g33k said:

TYVM Rick -- but the core question remains:  is the USA estimate (ship's ETA 24 Aug, + unloading & customs, then about a week to MN warehouse) expected to mark general availability, or is another shipping/customs/warehouse situation likely to take even longer (and Chaosium therefore may need to delay roll-out)?

I'll politely point out that if I had more specific information that I wanted to provide, I would have given that information.  Please do not ask us "when will this be specifically available" questions as a response to the information we have given.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's great that we are all so excited for this product.

Still, I propose we all relax and maybe play RQ in the meantime (I'm sure nobody here is waiting for the Starter Set to start!). I'm sure Chaosium are doing their best to make the Starter Set available to everybody asap. Why on earth would they want to do otherwise? 

😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

Let me guess... Even though I'm probably just down the road from the printers )here in China), I'll still have to pay a fortune to have it re-shipped back here... 

Couldn't you slip into the printers and try to buy a copy, assuming they have spares?

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's just very good to know that: a) the starter sets have been printed, b) they're actively being shipped, and c) they'll be available for purchase well before Christmas. Keeping all that in mind, it's much easier to be patient (do we have any other choice?). 

My main question is if Chaosium made sure that the captains of the ships in question performed the proper rites to Dormal!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Beoferret said:

My main question is if Chaosium made sure that the captains of the ships in question performed the proper rites to Dormal!

Well -- the reported ship is heading for US west coast port... Grace is crossing lower Mexico, and Henri is gliding up the eastern coast of the US... Looks like the approach to San Diego is currently safe.

Though there is a Linda listed for central Pacific...

Edited by Baron Wulfraed
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 1:02 AM, smiorgan said:

It's great that we are all so excited for this product.

Still, I propose we all relax and maybe play RQ in the meantime (I'm sure nobody here is waiting for the Starter Set to start!). I'm sure Chaosium are doing their best to make the Starter Set available to everybody asap. Why on earth would they want to do otherwise? 

😄

Spot on.

I'm thrilled that there seems to be so much on the way. Jeff mentioned in an FB post that Weapons and Equipment and Cults are ahead of the Sartar Boxed Set for which layout may complete this year.  Given printing, shipping etc I'd guess it will be a while before we are able to purchase those. I recall hearing about a Gamemaster book, somewhere or other. It would be lovely to get some teasers of these books too.

In the meantime the best thing to do is play more RQ. I'm very much enjoying fleshing out some adventures for my players to drive a wedge between the Zethnoring and the other Locaem clans.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/21/2021 at 8:20 AM, RandomNumber said:

Spot on.

I'm thrilled that there seems to be so much on the way. Jeff mentioned in an FB post that Weapons and Equipment and Cults are ahead of the Sartar Boxed Set for which layout may complete this year.  Given printing, shipping etc I'd guess it will be a while before we are able to purchase those. I recall hearing about a Gamemaster book, somewhere or other. It would be lovely to get some teasers of these books too.

I see why the Starter Set is going to published as print and PDF simultaneously, but I hope future books to come out as PDF's first. 

Edited by Frp
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Frp said:

I see why the Starter Set is going to published as print and PDF and simultaneously, but I hope future books to come out as PDF's first. 

I’m a little more nuanced on that. If the product is just a book, sure, PDF first and print when available is logical. Especially if it allows a final round of typo corrections before final print.

But if the product is primarily physical in terms of having large maps, handouts, etc, etc, then I’m OK with waiting to get the product in the manner that it’s intended to be used. (Yes, yes, even if I can’t play FTF because COVID, the physical products are still better for my OWN reference purposes in these cases). 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...