Chaosium Website Evaluation

rust

Suffering from a mild case of writer's block and waiting for some inspiration to

hit me, I used my time to take a look at biz information's evaluation of websites

of roleplaying companies and forums.

The really big one is still Wizards of the Coast with 46,000 visitors to its website

per day. Next on my list is Steve Jackson Games with 6,800, followed by White

Wolf with 3,300. Mongoose has about 450 website visitors each day, and Chao-

sium ... well, see for youself.

By the way, does anyone know what could have caused the spike in September

2009, I cannot remember what it could have been ?

post-246-140468074855_thumb.png

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I think part of the reason for the low number of daily visitors is that Chaosium doesn't have forums or a similar community to draw users back repeatedly.

My typical Chaosium web browsing experience goes something like this:

Visit Chaosium.com --> Check Blog --> Check Catalog for something new --> Exit site.

I think part of the reason for the low number of daily visitors is that Chaosium doesn't have forums or a similar community to draw users back repeatedly.

Visit Chaosium.com --> Check Blog --> Check Catalog for something new --> Exit site.

And mine is even less frequent, it would go like this...

Visit BRP Central --> Hear there is a new release at Chaosium --> Visit Chaosium.com --> Check Catalog --> Exit site

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

Guest Vile Traveller

That would be my pattern, too. Although I sometimes get the Chaosium newsletter before I read about a new product here, most of the time I get the news on BRP Central. It seems to me that Chaosium has all the potential in the world to be one of the big boys in the roleplaying field - it wouldn't require anything revolutionary, a bigger internet presence, a forum, and some more marketing. But it's a classic case of "they're happy where they are".

Being so small, they lack the dedicated computer guy. Mongoose's site has a lot of visits much due to their forums.

Hmm, according to biz the BRP websight is worth $10,132.8. Maybe Triff should cash in for the ten grand and then start up a new site.

Site-farming! That's a lot of beer!

I don't think their estimates are very accurate though. According to Google Analytics, we have btw 200 and 400 unique visitors daily.

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

Guest Vile Traveller

Being so small, they [Chaosium] lack the dedicated computer guy. Mongoose's site has a lot of visits much due to their forums.

Well, that's easily solved. Some negotiations between Chaosium and BRP Central, and they've got a forum and a computer guy! eek.gif

Might have to do something about those smileys, though ...