Moon Boats, the Reaching Moon, and Storm Mountains

Eff

On 8/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, Sir_Godspeed said:

There's always the theory (Joerg's?) that the inside of the crater is spatially the same as the surface of the Red Moon.

So you can jump into the crater and wind up on the moon?  A sort-of enfolded dimension?  That sounds the way I have extrapolated that dragonewt rebirth operates (to some degree). 

12 hours ago, Darius West said:

So you can jump into the crater and wind up on the moon?  A sort-of enfolded dimension?  That sounds the way I have extrapolated that dragonewt rebirth operates (to some degree). 

You would have to cross the Crater Wall, which takes quite a bit of climbing, and then crossing over into the right reality to prevent you from falling off the hollow inside.

My theory is that the silhouette Crater Wall inside is seen as the outside of the Crown Mountains on the Red Moon. The hole beneath the Crater is spherical and extends outward, to a total width about twice the diameter of the Crater itself. If you make the right transition, you might be able to descend the Crown Mountains onto the surface of the moon. If your transition is lacking, there is just a dark and deep hole inside, allowing you to fall beyond the lands of the living before your body impacts fatally with a surface deep below.

Features on the moon, beyond the Crown Mountains (i.e. out of sight from anywhere on the Surface World) are semi-mystical, possibly chaotic, like the Bat Cave. Crossing the Crown Mountains multiple times leads into ever stranger realms of semi-existence.

The entire concept is supposed to be mad, with just a small amount of plausibility. A practical and physical pilgrimage ever deeper into Illumination, without any guarantees for a return. (Or is it just a hungry Bat?)

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

12 minutes ago, Joerg said:

You would have to cross the Crater Wall, which takes quite a bit of climbing, and then crossing over into the right reality to prevent you from falling off the hollow inside.

In my Glorantha, there is a Void with the Crater and those who are unprotected simply fall and end up in the Void where the Red Goddess found the Young Elementals. She is the only person to have returned from that Void and an unprepared Adventurer has no chance.

• Like 2

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

26 minutes ago, soltakss said:

In my Glorantha, there is a Void with the Crater and those who are unprotected simply fall and end up in the Void where the Red Goddess found the Young Elementals. She is the only person to have returned from that Void and an unprepared Adventurer has no chance.

Another possibility for a failure to transit properly. Or a short-cut to Transcendence?

I am not quite sure whether the Young Elementals were tied to Her ascension into the Sky - they may just as well have resulted from Her intimacy with Blaskarth during her Goddess Quest. According to etyries.com, already the nativity rite in Torang brought them into the world.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, Joerg said:

My theory is that the silhouette Crater Wall inside is seen as the outside of the Crown Mountains on the Red Moon. The hole beneath the Crater is spherical and extends outward, to a total width about twice the diameter of the Crater itself.

If you think abut the inside of the Crater as a Void (i.e. a chaotic void), and that the Crater is top/ringed by the Crown Mountains, then the Crater might be thought of as a Crowned Chaos deity (I suppose Sedenya fits that), and that entering the Crater would be like entering the mad mind of Sedenya herself. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jajagappa said:

If you think abut the inside of the Crater as a Void (i.e. a chaotic void), and that the Crater is top/ringed by the Crown Mountains, then the Crater might be thought of as a Crowned Chaos deity (I suppose Sedenya fits that), and that entering the Crater would be like entering the mad mind of Sedenya herself. 

"Just on the border of your waking mind, there lies another time. Where darkness and light are one. And as you tread the halls of sanity, you feel so glad to be- unable to go beyond.

I have a message from another time."

"And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians." -Greg Stafford, April 11, 2007

"I just read an article in The Economist by a guy who was riding around with the Sartar rebels, I mean Taliban," -Greg Stafford, January 7th, 2010

Eight Arms and the Mask