🧟‍♀️ Help me stat up MUMM-RA THE IMMORTAL 🧟‍♀️

icebrand

So, i got scenario 4, Revenge of ~~Muriah~~ Mumm-Ra (how do I use striketrough text?).

[Spoiler]For the un-initiated Muriah was a little girl in the town of Weiss, her parents were thieves and then they got sick, and the town didn't help them and they died.

Muriah cursed the townspeople and ran into the wilderness, where she died. 20 years later her broo minions (jackalman, slithe and monkian) are attacking the town, and the adventurers will (hopefully) foil them.[/spoiler]

This got me thinking muriah doesn't appear at all in the book, and I'm totally fixing this. She actually died and became MUMM-RA under the patronage of the four ancient spirits of evil (unholy trio + the devil).

Now, the "normal" version on her is just gonna be a mummy child champion of these gods (runelord+priest on all appropriate cults), which should give her access to a ton of chaos magic to challenge those pesky adventurers.

Now, questions! 

1- is there a mummy monster for CE? Do we have mummies in RQG?

2- How would you do evil spirit empowerment? I was thinking on STR+CON+DEX+SIZ (hey it's a chaos spell) multispell, but I'm open to ideas.

3- should i stick with appropriate spells or should I go wild and give her her true abilities (worried with telekinesis & lightning which are orlanthi spells...)

Heres the image I'm showing my players, enjoy!: https://ar.pinterest.com/pin/428193877074622975/

Edited by icebrand

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

4 minutes ago, icebrand said:

So, i got scenario 4, Revenge of ~~Muriah~~ Mumm-Ra (how do I use striketrough text?).

For the un-initiated Muriah was a little girl in the town of Weiss, her parents were thieves and then they got sick, and the town didn't help them and they died.

Muriah cursed the townspeople and ran into the wilderness, where she died. 20 years later her broo minions (jackalman, slithe and monkian) are attacking the town, and the adventurers will (hopefully) foil them.

This got me thinking muriah doesn't appear at all in the book, and I'm totally fixing this. She actually died and became MUMM-RA under the patronage of the four ancient spirits of evil (unholy trio + the devil).

Now, the "normal" version on her is just gonna be a mummy child champion of these gods (runelord+priest on all appropriate cults), which should give her access to a ton of chaos magic to challenge those pesky adventurers.

Now, questions! 

2- How would you do evil spirit empowerment? I was thinking on STR+CON+DEX+SIZ (hey it's a chaos spell) multispell, but I'm open to ideas.

3- should i stick with appropriate spells or should I go wild and give her her true abilities (worried with telekinesis & lightning which are orlanthi spells...)

Heres the image I'm showing my players, enjoy!: https://ar.pinterest.com/pin/428193877074622975/

1- Have you reviewed Revenant on page 123 of Bestiary? That seems the likely fit. No mummies per se in RQG. Zorak Zoran in previous editions was somewhat famous for empowering mummies from their Death Lords and now 'The Zorak Zoran cult is notorious for “preserving” Death Lords as revenants.' Mummies usually evoke wrapping in burial clothes, where revenants can be preserved in other ways.

2- Perhaps use a revenant and grant it some of the Spirit Powers on page 165-167 or maybe sorcery spells. Note some Spirit Powers will not make sense as it will not have POW and is embodied.

3- See #2 above.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

1- Have you reviewed Revenant on page 123 of Bestiary? That seems the likely fit. No mummies per se in RQG. Zorak Zoran in previous editions was somewhat famous for empowering mummies from their Death Lords and now 'The Zorak Zoran cult is notorious for “preserving” Death Lords as revenants.' Mummies usually evoke wrapping in burial clothes, where revenants can be preserved in other ways.

2- Perhaps use a revenant and grant it some of the Spirit Powers on page 165-167 or maybe sorcery spells. Note some Spirit Powers will not make sense as it will not have POW and is embodied.

3- See #2 above.

Yeah i didn't want to use RQ3 mummies, I'll check the revenant! As for power it doesn't really matter you don't really need POW to cast battle magic in CE, you only need temporal POW pts, which undead usually can have. I'll check out the revenant when I get home from work!!!

"It seems I'm destined not to move ahead in time faster than my usual rate of one second per second"

Just now, Bill the barbarian said:

image.png.2d19364cf3c54a47419fdd0e4ddd1c8f.png

4th icon

I don't have that on my phone i guess when i get home. Also someone help me edit the spoiler thing in the message body, can we do that here?

On 9/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, icebrand said:

Muriah is written up somewhere. I am sure I have seen stats, maybe in Heroes or another supplement.

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

On 9/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, icebrand said:

Revenants are basically the same as Mummies.

The RQ2 Gateway Bestiary had stats for Mummies. They are similar to RQG Revenants but have slightly less natural armour and move a bit slower, of and they have 1D6+12 POW.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

4 hours ago, soltakss said:

Revenants are basically the same as Mummies.

The RQ2 Gateway Bestiary had stats for Mummies. They are similar to RQG Revenants but have slightly less natural armour and move a bit slower, of and they have 1D6+12 POW.

HAH!!! I GOT GATEWAY BESTIARY!!! you rock dude, ty so much!

5 hours ago, soltakss said:

Muriah is written up somewhere. I am sure I have seen stats, maybe in Heroes or another supplement.

Heroes? I don't have that one, wasn't actually aware of it's existence... I guess I'm using the mummy from gateway