Announcing the Call of Cthulhu 40th Anniversary Keeper Rulebook: advance copies will be on sale at Gen Con

MOB

40th-anniversary-keeper-rulebook.png

This year marks the 40th anniversary of Call of Cthulhu. To mark this special milestone in tabletop RPGs we've produced a special limited edition Keeper Rulebook.

This limited edition features a magnificent new leatherette cover and dusk jacket design. Additional material inside includes personal accounts by some of the early creators and contributors to the game, new endpapers, and the re-inclusion of the 'The Haunting', the classic scenario that had been in all editions of the game up to 7th edition and has been something of a rite of passage for thousands of Call of Cthulhu fans.

Advance copies at Gen Con!

Our official release date for the 40th Anniversary Keeper Rulebook is October 2021. But we're bringing a very small number of advance copies to Gen Con! If you'd like to buy one there, we advise you to come to the Chaosium booth (#403) quick smart!

keeper-rulebook-40th-4.png

keeper-rulebook-40th-1.png

keeper-rulebook-40th-3.png

keeper-rulebook-40th-2.png

coc-40th-anniversary-logo-tm-copy.png

• Like 5

Over on Facebook Call of Cthulhu creative director Mike Mason showed off his advance copy of the 40th Anniversary Keeper Rulebook. This will be released in October on Chaosium.com for USD$99.99

nb the leather wallet it comes in here is made by our friends at Type40 and can be ordered separately.

https://www.chaosium.com/blogmike-mason-shows-off-his-advance-copy-of-the-40th-anniversary-call-of-cthulhu-keeper-rulebook

Edited by MOB
  • Like 2

Looks good! I have avoided buying any of the leatherette versions because my stupid brain would somehow convince me to buy everything in leatherette as well as standard and I’m sadly not rich enough to do that but this is different enough so that shouldn’t happen (plus 40th anniversary and it being pretty in a Cthulhu way). 

I do have one question if I were to buy the standard PDF of the rule book now would I be able to use that as a coupon for this version? Also will there be a PDF with the added material in?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2021 at 4:59 AM, glassneedles said:

I do have one question if I were to buy the standard PDF of the rule book now would I be able to use that as a coupon for this version? 

No, the Keeper Rulebook and the 40th Anniversary Keeper Rulebook are two different products.