Is there a description of the Rune spell Recover Spirit?

Bren

Recover Spirit is mentioned in the Gamemaster Adventures

Spoiler

as one of Tarndisi the Druid's Rune Spells.

I can't find a description in RQiG or the Red Book of Magic. I failed to find a correction addressing this and I even went back to my old RQ3 Magic Book and Gods of Glorantha, but no luck there either. Anybody know what this spell does?

• Like 1

This is the Shanassee Tree on page 51? It’s Special Rune Magic of the Gardener Subcult of Aldrya in RQ:G Bestiary, page 26. 
It’s in Cults of Prax, page 104 of my RQC PDF. 

Recover Spirit

3 points

Duration instantaneous, Range touching corpse, Reusable.

Useful only on Aldrya cultists, this spell must be used within one day of death. Within that time the priest may meet the victim's spirit on the spirit plane and force it back to its body if the priest succeeds in one round of spirit combat with the departing spirit. But after one day, the spirit will have left the influence of the Great Trees, and the spell will not work. The body first must be Healed to positive hit points. A roll of 96-00 results in the priest finding the wrong spirit to put back in the body. Use the Daka Fal Random Ancestor Chart to determine the replacement spirit found.

Edited by AndrewTBP

Recover Spirit is not written up in the ash can preview of Cults of Glorantha (2019 GenCon edition) either, but is mentioned in the list of Rune Magic available to the Gardeners in that same preview book.

I suspect it's one that slipped through the cracks, so as Andrew noted, definitely worth mentioning in the RBoM corrections thread.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bren said:

That answers my question.

You’re welcome!

2 hours ago, Anunnaki said:

Recover Spirit is not written up in the ash can preview of Cults of Glorantha (2019 GenCon edition) either, but is mentioned in the list of Rune Magic available to the Gardeners in that same preview book.

Thanks for checking! I just searched my PDFs on my iPad and I don’t have that one.