The Liminal Blade

piersb

A Shell

They carried his body into the chamber & lay him across a table. Lady Nim steeled herself for the sight of her beloved, cut down in his prime. As the men shuffled out, she closed the door firmly behind them and the noise of her hall. Her steward would make sure they had refreshments as they remembered their friend.

Edited by piersb
  • Like 1

TIME TEAM: THE BATTLE OF MERCREDESBURNE

PART FOUR

EXT. PENHURST AERIAL SHOT

TONY (V.O)
We’re in East Sussex, near the villages of Ashburnham and Penhurst, looking for the site of a Dark Ages battle. Ancient sources say the native British fought with the invading Saxons at a place called Mercredesburne, or Mearcred’s Creek. Could this be where it happened? Geophys has been inconclusive, there’s been nothing definite so far from either of our two trenches, and time is running out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Reprieve and Recovery

Lady Nim’s eyes slowly opened as she groggily became aware of her being once more. Everything was fuzzy. She thought she remembered saying goodbye to her friends. As her senses lost their dullness, she could feel the crescendo of pain where the axe had caught her. She’d felt her life ebbing away and had only regretted not being able to serve for longer. So – had that been it?

• Like 1

On 11/14/2021 at 7:27 AM, piersb said:

All the thanks are due to my amazing players, who write up their own stories.

It's a highlight of my week reading them too. 🙂 

This is amazing. Are your players all Oxbridge-educated medieval scholars or something? They are definitely setting a high bar!

• Like 1

No Oxbridge to my knowledge, though I'm reasonably sure two of them studied medieval literature as a part of their undergrad courses.

I think the key here is bribery a reward system. Any wiki entry (or other creative endeavour) gets either a free experience check or a free experience reroll (player's choice) in the Winter Phase. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...