Ernalda and children

Godlearner

7 hours ago, simonh said:

I think there are probably heroquests where a person that could not normally give birth can become a mother, and thus prove their fertility.

Or apparently, in some cases 'merely' rune magic!  Which are of course in some sense the heroquesting Starter Box.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2021 at 2:27 AM, Godlearner said:

Requirements for Ernalda priestess:

Rune Priestess
 Standard, plus a candidate must have given birth to a healthy child.

What is if the candidate in question belongs to a species which does not give birth as a human? Is it possible to become a priestess if for example one lays eggs?

In my 2 clacks worth,I'm going to go against what a few others have suggested, and say that growing some form of life within your own body is pre-requisite... Be that mammalian, reptile, amphibian, draconic or Aldryami.

Sitting on someone else's egg until it hatches won't do it.

Because it's Ernalda, the carrier, grower and nurturer of the unborn inside into full life, not Voria, the actual blooming of life into the outside world.

• Like 3

On 9/27/2021 at 1:18 PM, Alex said:

Sure they are.  In exactly the "that's a healthy-sounding cough"/"you're coughing well!" sense.  Not in either case healthy for you, but healthy for them!

this is an interesting (in the rabbinical sense of interesting) case as Thed is a Chaos goddess who might originally have been an Earth deity - she did demand restitution from Orlanth when Ragnaglar raped her, so I doubt she's a solar deity - and she has a fertility rune.

I do deeply doubt this would be accepted unless the broo-child was cleansed of chaos by the "mother" and borne to healthy birth, i.e. the kind of shenanigans that are exactly the kind of thing players get up to and not what people mean by "broo impregnation".

Keep in mind the opinion of the priestesses you're trying to convince to raise you up to that status in this particular temple matter, too. Unless Ernalda sends some omen that says it's acceptable or you have some kind of similar magical proof of your worthiness and the legitimacy of your achievement, trying to be "clever" with the basic requirements is probably a good way to get shown the door.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Leingod said:

Keep in mind the opinion of the priestesses you're trying to convince to raise you up to that status in this particular temple matter, too. Unless Ernalda sends some omen that says it's acceptable or you have some kind of similar magical proof of your worthiness and the legitimacy of your achievement, trying to be "clever" with the basic requirements is probably a good way to get shown the door.

When we're talking higher ranks, I would think that a Divination would be normal...

6 hours ago, Shiningbrow said:

When we're talking higher ranks, I would think that a Divination would be normal...

I m  sure there are a lot of rituals done by the priest-team at any stage (initiation, god talker, priest…), to get omens, god-dess wish (I want a « à la carte » sacrifice, not the menu)

depending on the table it could be played or not

On 9/23/2021 at 4:59 PM, Alex said:

Doing a little gooooogling, I see that the CoG draft has a Nandan subcult with the 'Pregnancy' runemagic (for which, text not yet publicly given AFAIK)

Oops.  Sorry, my bad, I see now from the separately published Rune Spell Reference index, and someone else's mention of it elsewhere, that I was wildly wrong here, and it was published long since in the Red Book of Magic.  Evidently I'm very behind in my memos...  and shopping.