Release timing/date

Pax

Greetings and Salutations!

I was wondering when I can swear fealty to the new edition of Pendragon!

Any hint, beasts or foul knights I could slay, or a riddle I could solve in order to get clarity regarding the unleashing of the 6th edition.

Pendragon is the game that made me the GM I am today. My (then players) players still talk about the epic sessions and stories we told. They called it a living novel! 🙂

Tried to find online any indication as to when the 6th edition would be available for purchase. My search fu might be flawed, so sought out the help of the community/experts.

With my thanks.

• Like 1

Chaosium have a policy of not giving out prospective release dates for upcoming products, on the grounds that they don’t want to rush the quality of the product to meet some arbitrary deadline. Fans tend to demand that. 

We know it is coming, and probably before the end of 2021. That is about it currently. 

The Starter Set is in layout as we speak, and art is coming in on the core books; we should be getting those into layout over the winter.

In addition to art and layout, which always take at least as long as writing and editing, we're also dealing with a tremendously messed-up supply chain at the moment, as I know you're all aware, which causes knock-on delays.

The goal is to get everything queued up so that we can release the first wave of 6th edition in quick succession—the last thing we want is months-long gaps between core book/Starter Set releases. At the moment, that means we need to be a little cagey about release dates (other than "definitely 2022"). When you start to see more precise estimates, you'll know that means we're very nearly there! 

In the meantime, keep an eye out for monthly Design Journals (next installment dropping this week) and, as we get closer to release, some sneak peaks at art and other goodies.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1