Tales of the Pop Star Captains

soltakss

11 minutes ago, Stephen L said:

I've tried really hard to let this go... But I'm sorry I can't help my self.

Being a flat world has no impact on the matter.  It's all to do with if at mid day, the sun appears south or north of you.  Which means the direction the sundial goes is based where on Glorantha you are and the tilt of the sky dome, as it goes through its annual cycle.  There will be places on Glorantha where sundials will go clockwise parts of the year and anti clockwise others! 

Gotcha. 😉

I knew it was going to be Salami Davey.

ROLAND VOLZ

Running: nothing | Playing: Battletech Hero, CoC 7th Edition, Blades in the Dark | Planning: D&D 5E Home Game, Operation: Sprechenhaltestelle, HeroQuest 1E Sartarite Campaign

D&D is an elf from Tolkien, a barbarian from Howard, and a mage from Vance fighting monsters from Lovecraft in a room that looks like it might have been designed by Wells and Giger. - TiaNadiezja

• 7 months later...
6 minutes ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

Whoa... Someone appears to be challenging me as to number of keys carried on a belt hook.

Each key unlocks a separate portion of the divided Sky-soul, to be rejoined when sufficient Harmony fills the world.

3 hours ago, JonL said:

Each key unlocks a separate portion of the divided Sky-soul, to be rejoined when sufficient Harmony fills the world.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/mlp/images/3/38/The_Mane_6_unlocking_the_chest_S4E26.png/revision/latest?cb=20140512183224

(Not my image so only linking to it, not embedding it)

Edited by Baron Wulfraed

28 minutes ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

Sadly, the Mane 6 have not been able to unite since Discord invaded the Tournament of the Masters of Luck and Death.

OK, which Pony corresponds to each Sixth of the Holy Country?

• 2 weeks later...

All the sundial- clockwise speculation is based on a design  for a round earth.

But for a flat Glorantha wouldn't it be  more practical to have a square surface with a horizontal north-south bar above it and make the hour graduations north-south lines? 

That way no matter whether you are north or south of Yelm's path, all you do to read the time is look at which hour line the bar's shadow crossed last.

Edited by Squaredeal Sten
Removed white space. And spelling.
  • Helpful 1