Ancient History

Kloster

I know of only 2 case where armor was used in the West, although there might be more.

One was in Australia where a Bandit gang tried to use some home made armor to shoot it out with the Police.

Second was a Comanche Chief who some how got his hand on a old Spanish breastplate and used it as a magical item.

Cannot recall the name of either off hand but the Australian bandits I know are real famous in Australia at least

Well, most bullets haver a high enough energy/area ratio to penetrate most armor available at the time. It was possible to make armor that could stop a bullet, but such armor would have been thick, bulky, and still leaf vulnerable spots.

Of course, if you got an old stove plate and can goad someone into aiming at your chest...:D

Chaos stalks my world, but she's a big girl and can take of herself.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, most bullets haver a high enough energy/area ratio to penetrate most armor available at the time. It was possible to make armor that could stop a bullet, but such armor would have been thick, bulky, and still leaf vulnerable spots.

Of course, if you got an old stove plate and can goad someone into aiming at your chest...:D

hehe...well, that's what happened to Ned Kelly and his gang. They couldn't run away due to the bulky improvised armor, and they were wounded many times in the arms and legs.

BRP Ze 32/420