A Galaxy Far Far Away...

Lord Shag

Hi guys been a while since i posted. For the last six months I've been doing some serious treatment of a BRP star wars players guide. It is complete (weighing in at about 80 pages) but I'm going through some proofing & play test before its ready to upload. I have in the meanwhile uploaded a sample of the character sheet if people want to have a look. Give your opinion if you like either here or PM me. I'll update this thread as more progress occurs.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you mate? Its been awhile since we last spoke! I 'll try and get the corrections done this week. I finished the thing about two weeks ago but there is nothing like having a hard copy in front of you to see your errors and other gibbering nonsense you sometimes write. Most of the issues are minor so hopefully soon.

Ok guys just uploaded a sample of the starship control sheet. This one will print to a better resolution then the character sheet which i haven't got round to fixing. Just a note that also applies to the character sheet as well, when you seem to design this stuff in MS word after you do the PDF conversion and view the conversion on the computer, it can look a little crap. I dont why maybe its one of the drawbacks of word, however it looks a lot of better when printed. cheers.

Ok guys just uploaded a sample of the starship control sheet. This one will print to a better resolution then the character sheet which i haven't got round to fixing. Just a note that also applies to the character sheet as well, when you seem to design this stuff in MS word after you do the PDF conversion and view the conversion on the computer, it can look a little crap. I dont why maybe its one of the drawbacks of word, however it looks a lot of better when printed. cheers.

Looks interesting and can't wait to see how it all works with the rules. Any update on when that will be? When you do finally release it, your not going to slap "Sample" on it are you? ;)

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

PROGRESS REPORT

The proof copy of BRP Star Wars had 14 chapters. Two minor ones have been deleted and consolidated into the surviving 12 or shifted to the BRP Star Wars GM Guide (more on this later). So the chapters so far are these:

1. CREATING A STAR WARS PC

2. SKILLS

3. THE FORCE

4. SPACE TRAVEL

5. STARSHIP COMBAT RULES

6. STARSHIP DESIGN

7.VEHICLE RULES

8. DROIDS

9. TABLE OF FORCE POWERS

10. WEAPON NOTES

11. DESTINY POINTS AND FORCE POINTS

12. EQUIPMENT

I. Weapons Annexure

II. Sheets

Ch1-2 needed heavy edits and 1 has passed the final edit. 2 is almost complete. Ch3 looks good and I'm going to leave as is, though I fret about the lack of play test of the elements in that chapter. Ch4 also looks good with some minor edits to be done. 5 is being modified as we speak and considering how this is the most difficult of the chapters to put together its resilience during play test is a miracle. Starship Design is fine and any changes in the future will come from the large number of conversions from d6 and d20 that I will eventually do. Vehicles rules are a big question mark. This was a difficult chapter to put together and unlike the starship combat rules the one I was least happy with so this could hold things up. Ch8 is kinda OK. Every time I venture into it though I keep on encountering annoying albeit minor issues. Force powers considering its size only has some minor textual edits to be done. Play experience in the future may alter this a lot. 10-12 are all good and need virtually no changes.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a short update. Rod known by all as (Darth) threedeesix has joined the crew on the death star to engage in a bit of playtest and criticism. This will undoubtedly improve the quality of the BRP Star Wars project immeasurably and I am very grateful he has signed on. Today will be a day long remembered. It has seen the death of d20, and soon the fall of the d6.

It was the first species introduced to the Star Wars universe outside of the movies. Aside from that, I've no idea.

Please don't contact me with Chaosium questions. I'm no longer associated with the company, and have no idea what the new management is doing.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!! How actually popular is this frikkin species?

For me, it's just nostalgia. Back when I was maybe 13 or 14, the Marvel comic stories were the only way we had to fill the long three year gap between Star Wars movies. Back then, Marvel was told to keep the Empire out of the comics, which they did until I think issue 21 or so. To do that the moved the characters to the fringes of the galaxy and Jaxx (the frikkin bunny alien) was introduced along with his partner Amaiza (the hot blond).

The Marvel stories were admittedly cheesy back then, especially compared to what Dark Horse does today, but they were great fun.

Edit: I love that picture.

Rod

Edited by threedeesix

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

i actually didn't know that rod. we never got the marvel comics here in Oz when i was a kid so i can kinda see why the big rabbit is popular. he actually doesn't look bad in that pic. like i said the other ones i've seen him in he looks like Barf from space balls. guess i'm going to have to eat crow on this issue.

i actually didn't know that rod. we never got the marvel comics here in Oz when i was a kid so i can kinda see why the big rabbit is popular. he actually doesn't look bad in that pic. like i said the other ones i've seen him in he looks like Barf from space balls. guess i'm going to have to eat crow on this issue.

Oh great... now your ragging on Barf? ;)

I suppose why not. You can call yourself Obi-C-Holmes and rely on your "natural" assets to scare off the badguys.

Haha! Yes the the character would be really potent.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Yes, OMNIPOTENT with a bad ass looking seventies mustache! Obi-C-Holmes: "These aren't the virgins I'm looking for?"

I noticed the link to the infamous "review" what did u think of it? I thought it was superb though I do have to disagree with him on a few points, a bit more so than I did with the phantom menace review.