A Galaxy Far Far Away...

Lord Shag

I noticed the link to the infamous "review" what did u think of it? I thought it was superb though I do have to disagree with him on a few points, a bit more so than I did with the phantom menace review.

I like both of the reviews, but the phantom menace is a little bit better. I like the off beat humor, and the "serial killer" character.

He also have some fun Star Trek movie reviews.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah the serial killer Plinkett is great. I think he stretches the criticism of some of the elements a bit too far in the clones review but his criticism overall is spot on. generally i felt a bit sadder from watching it than i did the phantom menace review it kind of hits you with the feeling that this was a great opportunity wasted.

• 2 weeks later...

I used to buy the Star Wars comics, sporadically, back in the day. I completely missed out on the whole space bunny thing. However, I would've rather seen that in the films than a certain Gungan.

I remember they had a female illustrator that considered herself an "Artist Extraordinaire". Personally, I thought her art sucked and it majorly turned me off from the Star Wars comics.

I'm not sexist. Her art just sucked.

Edited by Dredj

As long as we're talking Star Wars fan films, check out IMPS if you havn't yet. Best Star Wars fan film since TROOPS, (and made by the same people too).

Download both chapter 1 and 2, you will not be dissapointed. Even narrated by Optimus Prime himself.

http://impstherelentless.com/tek9.asp

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

As long as we're talking Star Wars fan films, check out IMPS if you havn't yet. Best Star Wars fan film since TROOPS,

Rod

Nice!

I have an soft spot for Star Wars: Revelations . It was the first Star War fan film i saw.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

Did the original subject of this thread ever get completed? I haven't kept up since all of the fan film talk started.

Oh hey, while I'm at it, was Mythic Iceland shelved permanently?

No, Lord Shag is still hard at work on it. But is currently working on a Law paper and pretty busy. I'm trying to help with some playtesting of it between working on Classic Fantasy II and working on my home games.

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

No, Lord Shag is still hard at work on it. But is currently working on a Law paper and pretty busy.

I feel for him. I've been looking at magnified pictures of Peruvian teeth the last month and writing two papers on them. No time for gaming, and I shouldn't even be doing anything of personal interest on the internet save for email. In about a month's time, I get three months solid of gaming and working on my house. That knowledge is the only thing keeping me from doing something reprehensible.

121/420

My apologies to all for being unable to update things. as rod mentioned its been difficult to do things with my law stuff and rod's extra big ass fantasy game last week but matters are going well within the very limited contstraints of time forced on us. thanks for the sympathy tedopon and yes i shouldn't being anything either other than the joys of patent law etc. the last thing I've done is test out personal combat last weekend and trying to resolve the ionisation problem. the interest is very strong in the project which I'm pretty surprised about. I'll try and do a blog update sometime in the next few days. thanks for all the questions to everyone who keep asking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Mr. Lord Shag

Do you, still have the force with you?

Last I touched base with him he was moving and would be out of contact for a bit. Plus he has me doing some playtesting on it and to be honest I have fallen a bit behind with a new job and trying to gain some ground on Classic Fantasy II.

I could however tell you that it is quite cool, but that would just be cruel so I won't. :P

Rod

Hi guys just letting you know i have not fallen off the edge of the world. Yes the force is strong in this one but unfortunately the vagaries of the HoloNet have been a problem in my new system. This is the first web msg from my new residence. As alluded to have had some difficulty getting viable web access going currently communicating through an old dial-up server so everything takes ages. Hoping to post a blog entry next week and begin human relations again with all. Good to hear from you Rod I'll try and shoot you an advance progress report next week so we can catch up. Cheers All.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have been toying with the idea of a BRP Star Wars campaign and started to write a conversion of the Dawn of Defiance the 10 part campaign that was available from Wizards. Just got started but already halfway through the first adventure The Traitor's Gambit. Not sure if I dare to upload the adventure here when it's done. But then again it was free to download from the Wizards page when it was available so I can't imagine why not. But figured I should post it here if anyone is interested.

I have been toying with the idea of a BRP Star Wars campaign and started to write a conversion of the Dawn of Defiance the 10 part campaign that was available from Wizards. Just got started but already halfway through the first adventure The Traitor's Gambit. Not sure if I dare to upload the adventure here when it's done. But then again it was free to download from the Wizards page when it was available so I can't imagine why not. But figured I should post it here if anyone is interested.

Me, me! I'm very interested, however I can get it! :)

Ok! Thanks for the interest.

I will upload them to BRP Central as soon as I finish the first part and continue to upload the adventures as the work progresses. Atleast until someone comes and complain (in which case I will remove them and people will have to ask me for them). The encounters in the adventures haven't been playtested yet for balance so feedback on suggested changes will be welcome.

Until then! May the Force be with you! ;t)