A Galaxy Far Far Away...

Lord Shag

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it was made for a Fantasy Grounds campaign.

Well I am not to familiar with Fantasy Grounds except the fact that it is basicly a virtual table top for RPG. Are you referring to the miniatures adapted maps in the adventure?

Edited by Chorpa

I ran DoD back when it came out, or more correctly, I started the campaign run but we got side tracked and then, partly because of me trying to return to DoD, my players lost interest, not a superb story arc. These factors aside though, looking at your conversion with my very limited grasp of BRP (I just recently found it and have yet to find anyone to play with), but with my fairly extensive knowledge of the SAGA and other D20 editions I think this looks great. Balance-wise I canā€™t say anything useful, srry about that, but just seeing how you have converted and used the BRP options to make it fit the SW universe looks great, and gives me guidelines for doing the same (something Iā€™ve promised friends at home to do when I return), even though Iā€™ve also got a desire to go Mass Effect with this system (although the D6 version of Mass Effect that I found looks very promising).

"What about the future...? We only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Jegergrytes Creative Cubicle

Well I am not to familiar with Fantasy Grounds except the fact that it is basicly a virtual table top for RPG. Are you referring to the miniatures adapted maps in the adventure?

Yes with the maps already in the file, it would be easy to transfer the maps to FG to make the adventure.

I useĀ  fantasygrounds.com

I ran DoD back when it came out, or more correctly, I started the campaign run but we got side tracked and then, partly because of me trying to return to DoD, my players lost interest, not a superb story arc. These factors aside though, looking at your conversion with my very limited grasp of BRP (I just recently found it and have yet to find anyone to play with), but with my fairly extensive knowledge of the SAGA and other D20 editions I think this looks great. Balance-wise I canā€™t say anything useful, srry about that, but just seeing how you have converted and used the BRP options to make it fit the SW universe looks great, and gives me guidelines for doing the same (something Iā€™ve promised friends at home to do when I return), even though Iā€™ve also got a desire to go Mass Effect with this system (although the D6 version of Mass Effect that I found looks very promising).

That one thing I noticed when reading through the BRP book thoroughly the rules for for a great Star Wars like game is already in the book! Just had to pick the right options and some very minor changes to capture what I think is the right Star Wars feel. I will give Dawn of Defiance a playtest with BRP after our current Aces High campaign, mostly get some feedback from my players. Have a feeling it will run more smoothly than with the SAGA system that seems to focus more on tactical combat than on roleplaying.

At the moment I am writing a small BRP Star Wars Primer that I will use as a base for converting the rest of 9 adventures. It will contain which options from the BRP book I will use and better explain how you can implement them (for example the effects of Light Side/Dark Side allegience), an updated Equipment List with Currency since I prefer that over the Wealth Level system (although it's still an excellent system), some Spot Rules for using existing force powers in new ways and one new Force Power (Force Lightning to replace Cyrokinesis/Pyrokinesis). I might narrow down the list of profession in a smaller list of archetypes too if I have the time to do it. Most of this stuff are already listed in the information of the description of the first adventure. But I felt a file more with a thorough explanation of things would be nice for the people who wants to run a Star Wars game regardless if they use the Dawn of Defiance.

I would be very interested in that primer of yours, I am a busy bee studying and having to entertain a visiting better half, so I wonā€™t be able to start that sort of stuff myself until late June to early July at bestā€¦ if you would like to share of course.

I had the same feeling when browsing through the book, I mean they have already listed a Jedi stat block in the back, disguised as "Galactic Knight" or something. The system would lend itself very well to SW I think, its just the time needed to assemble the various optional rules modules that is BRP, I donā€™t have that at the moment.

"What about the future...? We only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Jegergrytes Creative Cubicle

• 1 month later...

Just wanted to inform that I have made some minor changes and replaced The Traitor's Gambit with an updated file. I have been busy but will soon start on converting Episode II.

Also uploaded my Star Wars Primer. I ended up scaling it back to keep the the changes to the core BRP rules to a minimum but it will list all the optional rules and changes I will use as a base when converting future Dawn of Defiance adventures.

Edited by Chorpa
Corrected the wrong link

Just wanted to inform that I have made some minor changes and replaced The Traitor's Gambit with an updated file. I have been busy but will soon start on converting Episode II.

Also uploaded my Star Wars Primer. I ended up scaling it back to keep the the changes to the core BRP rules to a minimum but it will list all the optional rules and changes I will use as a base when converting future Dawn of Defiance adventures.

Hi, thanks. I don't see the updated Traitor's Gambit file, though, just the Primer and the original Gambit file..?

Sorry about that! Somehow posted the wrong link. Tried downloading it myself and I get the correct file. Should have 1.1 after the name.

Btw the changes to the Gambit file are very minor. Basicly the only thing I did was to remove Total Hit points for the named characters. Because it's quite combat heavy adventures I figured that only allowing Total Hit Points for the characters would make the adventure more enjoyable and survivable.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I know its long overdue. But Star Wars: Dawn of Defiance Episode II is finally up.

You are more than welcome to give feedback or point out errors in the file. Since it's hard to catch all the mistakes alone.

Already corrected some errors and uploaded the new file. The updated file should have 1.1 at the end of the filename.

Edited by Chorpa

thanks for the positive reactions, makes it all worth the work.

Well I am gonna get started on Episode III at once so hopefully it will not take as long until the next Episode is up.

There is an updated version of the Star Wars BRP Primer coming up later today too.