Have you bought your copy of the RuneQuest Starter Set yet? Because this is coming next – December 10th!

MOB

3 hours ago, svensson said:

Is this a print product or Jonstown Compendium?

Since it is being announced by one of the Chaosium staff and the cover design only features the Chaosium logo (and not the Jonstown Compendium logo), it is an official Chaosium product.

1 hour ago, Bill the barbarian said:

there are three Beer With Teeth folk mentioned on that cover there!

True, but just as there is a growing array of artists associated with Chaosium products, I think we're seeing that there is a growing array of authors too (and at least two of those already contributed to the official Pegasus Plateau work too).

• Like 2
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, svensson said:

@MOB, Is this a print product or Jonstown Compendium?

If it was a Jonstown Compendium release it would have the Jonstown Compendium logo on the cover.

This is a Chaosium product for the RuneQuest line. It will be released as a PDF on Dec 10, and come out as a full color hardback next year. Buy the PDF, and you get the price of the PDF off the printed book. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

11 hours ago, Bill the barbarian said:

Well, one might think it is obvious but in fairness good sir Oracle there are three Beer With Teeth folk mentioned on that cover there!

And? We have always said that contributing to high-quality community content works is one of the best ways to get recognised by Chaosium as a potential contributor to their official product lines. Here is yet more proof.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Another wonderful cover!  I really love the "realistic" style here - very much reflects the gritty nature of RQ, and captures the feel for the "adventurers" camp catching up on the aftermath of the encounter from the Starter Set.

100% agree. Love it. Reminds me of how River of cradles, SunCounty, Borderlands opened a window onto the setting with their covers. There’s a strong ancient feel. The distinctive personalities, interaction, and activities really bring it alive. Massive fan of the Starter set cover too, which for me is an instant classic. 

15 hours ago, ffilz said:

Are there any previews? What sort of content will be in this? On the one hand it sounds like it could be really useful for my campaign, on the other hand, how many weapon stats do I really need? Also, I understand there have been changes of costs of things between RQ1/2 and RQG, how easy will it be to convert back to RQ1 prices?

I hope Chaosium will continue to bring the setting alive with this product. It has to go beyond weapon statistics - illustrating examples of ancient armour and weapons would I imagine be a key aspect? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Paid a bod yn dwp said:

I hope Chaosium will continue to bring the setting alive with this product. It has to go beyond weapon statistics - illustrating examples of ancient armour and weapons would I imagine be a key aspect?

I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that it will provide more detail on the tattoos that we see so many characters bearing in the illustrations and art. The RQ Project podcast 'Tales from the Black Alynx', episode 5 has an interview with the Beer with Teeth folk and this product is mentioned, IIRC.

Agree with comments by others that Ossi's artwork is first rate and highly evocative of the setting.

Edited by RandomNumber
typo
  • Like 1
  • Helpful 2

On 11/19/2021 at 10:38 PM, AndreJarosch said:

Have a look at Harmsts Cuirass (directly bleft of the i-dor in "Coming": There is a big hole in his breast plate!

The way I see it is - there's still something sticking out of the front of the breastplate (looks like a stick*), and there's blood on the inside of the backplate in the same area... 

(I can't see a hole in the shirt though - Just the blood)

(*Obviously, a stick would stick out, especially if it's sticking to something)

On 11/19/2021 at 4:27 PM, 7Tigers said:

Hum, it seems Harmast healed himself, according to Starter Set cover and his glowing hand:

Hrm, this thread's gone a little bit CSI: Sartar. 🙂  The glowing hand looks like it's healing a shoulder injury, rather than one straight through the heart.  Much less out the back -- if that's a scar on his back, it could also/instead be (yet) another injury.

Moral, really needs to train up that Shield Parry of his.  And especially that one-ply CON of his.  Hull breach!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Beoferret said:

On a side note, I'm really hoping that we get extra-large shields (scutum or figure-eight styled) and pectoral armor.  

I believe the figure-eight style shield is meant to be covered by the Large Hide shield, as lemniscate (a term for the figure-eight/infinity shape) is one of the designs described.

I must admit i haven't bought it yet - because it's not showing as available in the UK on the Chaosium website. I could buy from the EU warehouse I suppose but then there's all sorts of expensive import taxes to worry about. Same with The Red book of Magic, can't buy it if it's not available......

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Agentorange said:

I must admit i haven't bought it yet - because it's not showing as available in the UK on the Chaosium website. I could buy from the EU warehouse I suppose but then there's all sorts of expensive import taxes to worry about. Same with The Red book of Magic, can't buy it if it's not available......

Both products sold out from the UK warehouse. You need to get your skates on. 😉

7 hours ago, Agentorange said:

Sales volume exceeded what we expected, based on past experience. We have sent more RQ product, including the Starter set and the RBoM, so they will be available for purchase in the UK soon.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

On 11/21/2021 at 9:45 PM, Sid Vicarious said:

I hope we finally get an offical RQG write-up of whips and the "Whip" skill, as mentioned in the Occupational Skills of the Chariot Driver occupation in the corebook.

Whips are covered in the Q&A

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

2 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Sales volume exceeded what we expected, based on past experience. We have sent more RQ product, including the Starter set and the RBoM, so they will be available for purchase in the UK soon.

Hurrah ! I shall keep  a close eye on the chaosium site and then Alynx like I shall pounce....

On 11/19/2021 at 8:27 AM, 7Tigers said:

Hum, it seems Harmast healed himself, according to Starter Set cover and his glowing hand:

298201159_Harmastdetail0.jpg.e3f29e96458860b586f28fc836260145.jpg

I CANNOT be the only American that sees Dave Chappelle's 'I'm Rick James, bitch!' routine in this image, can I?

Yeah, didn't think so... 😁😆🤣

Not that non-Americans wouldn't get the joke, but it's popular enough here that it's become a meme.

Ooo Ooo Ooo bought a copy of BGB so, I finally have a copy of the BRP rules for the first time since they came in a 8 (?) page booklet in the RQ3 Deluxe Box Set. Add to that the Starter Set and I am done my RQ oriented shopping until Dec. 10th! Unless...

• Like 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

On 11/23/2021 at 6:49 PM, Bill the barbarian said:

Ooo Ooo Ooo bought a copy of BGB so, I finally have a copy of the BRP rules for the first time since they came in a 8 (?) page booklet in the RQ3 Deluxe Box Set. Add to that the Starter Set and I am done my RQ oriented shopping until Dec. 10th! Unless...

Unless I happen to see the complete Red Cow Saga and the RboM in hard cover while picking up the Starter.... D’oh!

ETA Oh heck, support your FLGS!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 1

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, MOB said:

RuneQuest Weapons & Equipment is coming out on December 10! But this 130 page book of wondrous items and useful goods for RuneQuest is a lot, lot more than just 'weapons' and 'equipment'. See for yourself, here's an advance peek at the Contents Page:

32493360_WEAPONSEQUIPMENTCONTENTSPAGE.thumb.png.9a5ee27384167e683f32ac7c65e22fbb.png

Very interesting. Reading the table of content gives me the feeling this book will read less like a catalogue of gear and more like a glimpse in the lives of gloranthan (which is a good thing)

Edited by DreadDomain
  • Like 7