Wind children culture

Ironwall

6 hours ago, Jeff said:

like looking at clouds and weather systems primarily from the point of view of a pilot rather than a farmer.

So to continue this analogy ernalda is a landing strip. And the spirits of the Mountain the eerie is on being a hanger?

23 minutes ago, Ironwall said:

So to continue this analogy ernalda is a landing strip. And the spirits of the Mountain the eerie is on being a hanger?

I doubt Ernalda is particular important to the wind children.

3 hours ago, Jeff said:

I doubt Ernalda is particular important to the wind children

didn't mean to imply as such. a race that flys everywhere and is so orientated to the element of air doesn't seem like a race that would care for a goddess like ernalda. I was trying to say is if the wind children know of ernalda its "as that goddess who rules the dirt we land on when dealing with ground dwellers."

Edited by Ironwall

I would expect, as indicated above, that they know of Kero Fin and the other mountains, and that the goddeses have soft sisters that rule the other lands, where there is plentiful to eat but aggresive landbound residents, living in harmony or raping the land, depending on the particular lans and the Wind children relationship with them. 

No reason to deal with the land directly. Either hunt or trade for the goods they need.

I know Ernalda and the other earth gods

I know Magasta and the other sea gods

They rules their lives without any business with me.

So I respectfully don't care them.

I am from the air people. I love to fly, not to walk. I love the rain on my skin, I love the wind on my wings

My wind spirits friends give me all the help I need.

less free humans worship the goddess who walks with them, who protects them, who helps them. But I m totally free. I don't walk with the goddess, I fly with the winds, She doesn't protect me in the air, the mountains protect me, my gods mother helps me when the wind can't.

She is not for me, I m not for her

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 4:48 PM, Jeff said:

The Wind Children are the descendants of Air spirits and mortals who mated in the Gods Age. They are able to deal with Air spirits as kin and are far more attuned to the Air Rune than humans. They might even understand and label the Air Gods differently than earth-bound humans do, as their proximity to them gives them a more Air-oriented perspective - like looking at clouds and weather systems primarily from the point of view of a pilot rather than a farmer.

HI, one of my players is playing a praxian initiated to the thunderbird and told me he provides cloud call spell, Is that true? Thunderbird It's not in the official books. 

Thanks

4 hours ago, Jose said:

HI, one of my players is playing a praxian initiated to the thunderbird and told me he provides cloud call spell, Is that true?

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/t/thunder-bird/

In the fanzine Tales of the Reaching Moon he did provide Cloud Call. I don't know if they changed that for the upcoming Cults of Glorantha books.

• Helpful 1

19 hours ago, Ludo Bagman said:

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/t/thunder-bird/

In the fanzine Tales of the Reaching Moon he did provide Cloud Call. I don't know if they changed that for the upcoming Cults of Glorantha books.

Thunder Bird runes: Water+beast+air I like it! This has a lot of potential for myths. I am already thinking about summon/control/dismiss small silph, rain and cloud cover.