Does Queen Leika have a bonded Eurmali?

Bren

We know Argrath has a bonded Eurmali trickster and we know that Orlanthi leaders can bond a Eurmali. It's difficult for me to imagine Kallyr has a bonded Eurmali. She just seems to take herself very seriously. If she doesn't, that could be another reason her quest doesn't turn out well. But what about Queen Leika, has she bonded a Eurmali? She attended a party with the Duke of DIsorder in Snake Pipe Hollow to get her harp. I don't know if that experience would influence her one way or the other.

What about other tribal leaders? Do we know of any who have a bonded Eurmali?

• Like 1

Interesting question!  I guess it's less strictly necessary for Orlanthi heroquesters than we might once have thought, because we now have a pool of "customary" Tricksters, as well as the bonded, covert, and lynched categories.  Presumably still the best option, as it's according to the precedent of the myth, and so you know who's starting in that position of the depth chart.

2 hours ago, Bren said:

But what about Queen Leika, has she bonded a Eurmali?

Yes, Chipmunk Bing, is the House of Sartar bonded trickster. See Sartar Companion, page 261. She would of had him perform the the initial step of spilling beer per her lightbingers quest. See KoS 2ed, page 143.

In Orlanth is Dead & Sartar Rising, it was Elusu Sit Here. I just assume he was killed or moved on.

2 hours ago, Bren said:

What about other tribal leaders? Do we know of any who have a bonded Eurmali?

Cinsina has Janara the Swarthy. See The Coming Storm, page 64.

As it's a ritual role, I would imagine that the it's either a permanently filled slot or someone fulfils that role for the time needed. 

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

8 hours ago, Bren said:

But what about Queen Leika, has she bonded a Eurmali?

None have ever been mentioned (Chipmunk Bing was the bonded trickster of the House of Sartar, i.e. Kallyr, not Leika).

When she went to the caves of Chaos, per WF#14, she was accompanied only by "Asborn Demonslayer, favored by Orlanth, also called Asborn Thriceborn; Hollybright and Hurtis, Chalana Arroy healers of the Colymar; and Razkin, Orlanthi warrior and guardian of the healers."

That party was greeted by an unnamed jester at the party held by the Duke of Disorder.  Whether said jester ever had any association with Leika subsequently is unknown.

If you want one, I'd make it up, but it could be there is a history if it is this unnamed jester.

8 hours ago, David Scott said:

In Orlanth is Dead & Sartar Rising, it was Elusu Sit Here. I just assume he was killed or moved on.

Given that name -- he may still be sitting where ever "here" was.

"Come Elusu Sit Here"
vs
"Come Elusu - Sit here"

{Blatantly stealing from an old Danger Mouse episode with a robot named "Grovel" who interpreted his name literally "Stand up Grovel"

8 hours ago, David Scott said:

In Orlanth is Dead & Sartar Rising, it was Elusu Sit Here. I just assume he was killed or moved on

In "King of Sartar" we get THREE Tricksters named Elusu from Argrath: 
Elusu the little shit, Elusu the Polite, and Elusu Sitsbackwards

I assume it was all the same Trickster, just the "titles" changed over time. 

1 hour ago, AndreJarosch said:

In "King of Sartar" we get THREE Tricksters named Elusu from Argrath: 

The woman from the rogues' gallery in the sourcebook, sent out to make diplomacy to Sharman Ingilli in Prince of Sartar appears to be of High Llama rider stock, although without any noticeable ties to her birth tribe.

While I can easily see that a trickster may outlive her welcome with the Orlanthi noble she was bonded by, it takes some chuzpe by a tribal king to allow that individual into her court and questing group during that disgrace. But then, Argrath may have enjoyed burdening Leika with his bad-mouthed sidekick.

Telling how it is excessive verbis

2 hours ago, AndreJarosch said:

Could be, or perhaps Elusu itself is a name, title, nickname, or other reference, and no need to fold the three into one figure.

19 hours ago, jajagappa said:

Could be, or perhaps Elusu itself is a name, title, nickname, or other reference, and no need to fold the three into one figure.

Given the latin origin of the name, I suspect its just a descriptive name like Argrath.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/