Lotsa good news lately... how... WEIRD

svensson

Been a week full of good news for a pleasant change of pace.

- My niece, the one I'm teaching RuneQuest, has gone back to school... First quarter carrying a full load of 12 credits, got all A's! VERY proud of her.

- I referee a Traveller game every week and one of my players, the very first Active Duty officer I've ever met who was a gamer, just got promoted to Captain!

- My wife's job is really appreciating her work and they just proved it the best way possible 😉😉

- And this will allow us to help a couple friends who need it... something we try and do every year.

I dunno what I did right to be surrounded by good news and happy people, but I'm sure it was an accident...

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, svensson said:

I referee a Traveller game every week and one of my players, the very first Active Duty officer I've ever met who was a gamer, just got promoted to Captain!

Army captain, or real-money captain? 🙂

(Sorry, but inter-service nonsense seemed especially on-brand for Traveller!)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Alex said:

Army captain, or real-money captain? 🙂

(Sorry, but inter-service nonsense seemed especially on-brand for Traveller!)

Well, according to the 2021 pay scale, she'll be pulling in $5523 or 6023 per month. Which is a pretty good slice of pie no matter which shugilli cooked it 😆

50 minutes ago, svensson said:

Well, according to the 2021 pay scale, she'll be pulling in $5523 or 6023 per month. Which is a pretty good slice of pie no matter which shugilli cooked it 😆

Hoist by my own obscure-reference petard!  Had to google what a shugilli is!  (Other than Scots for a wee bit wobbly.)

Funnily enough I was just watching the TV version of Catch-22.  Even more captain-inflation than the 'proper' army, if such a thing can be imagined! 🙂

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Hoist by my own obscure-reference petard!  Had to google what a shugilli is!  (Other than Scots for a wee bit wobbly.)

Funnily enough I was just watching the TV version of Catch-22.  Even more captain-inflation than the 'proper' army, if such a thing can be imagined! 🙂

Well, I'm a certified Traveller Old Geek and Grognard, just as I am with RQ. Let's just say that my gaming shelves have ALL my RQ and Traveller stuff out on the shelf. The rest of the games can live [well cared for] in boxes. 😆

• Like 1