Sign in to follow this  
Simlasa

Who's gonna buy one the preview copies?

I like the interim cover a LOT more than the previous one... and it's pretty much the one I read a lot of people suggesting... but maybe it doesn't tell you enough about the game... though I'm not sure what would.

I'm gonna go ahead and order one of these... we play enough that it's gonna work out well to have multiple copies floating around (even with the misspellings)... and I'm sure at least one of my friends is gonna jump on it and I don't want him teasing me with his copy while I wait for the finalized one.

My copy was ordered the second I saw the announcement! Plus free shipping and 10% off using the coupon they have right now! Can't beat that. I've had my copy pre-ordered through my FLGS, but I can't wait. I'll get this now and the release version from my FLGS.

The next session of my CoC campaign will be using this!

Zane

I'm pretty anxious to read the book but I'm not sure I can justify buying it twice at full price. I wish it were a bit cheaper, personally. However, it is extremely cool of Chaosium to offer it at all. Won't see Wizards doing that with D&D 4e!

The preview images posted by the author do have me tantalized...I wonder when the final product will be released? I think I can wait...

Quite cheeky to price the test copy the same price as the final book, but I gotta have it. :rolleyes:

SGL.

EDIT: Maybe Chaosium have improved their buisness skills after all... :shocked:

I'd love to (if only to calm my impatience until the real thing is published), but the shipping costs to Spain make this too costly a proposal for me (specially at this time of the year). Otherwise, I'd order it at once. Sigh. :(

I'd love to (if only to calm my impatience until the real thing is published), but the shipping costs to Spain make this too costly a proposal for me (specially at this time of the year). Otherwise, I'd order it at once. Sigh. :(

Same here. Do you have any idea if there is going to be a distributor in Spain?

"Amazing Adventures in Different Worlds" - now that takes me back a long, long time. Maybe Different Worlds can come back as a fanzine ....

No, I won't be buying this one, although I like the cover. Money is tight at the moment and I can't see the point of spending 20 pounds on a book that I'm going to spend 20 pounds on later on anyway.

yeah Im a sucker, I bought it. Im hoping to revise Berlin '61 to be BRP instead of MRQ OGL. Will have to talk with Chaosium about that I suppose. LOL.

Cant wait to get this book.

Quite cheeky to price the test copy the same price as the final book, but I gotta have it. :rolleyes:

SGL.

EDIT: Maybe Chaosium have improved their buisness skills after all... :shocked:

How much does it cost for what I assume is a limited number of POD copies of a 390 page book? I tend to suspect that is being sold at close to, if not, cost. Then they throw in the free shipping for the US if you order before next Monday morning. Personally I think it's a good deal, and I'm surprised to say that my wife does as well.

Besides I need it for a couple projects I'm working on, and who knows it just might become a collectors item.

Zane

Damn that's annoying - I just tried to order till I got to the shipping costs to France - aaargh! That's $70 minimum!

I'm gonna have to think long and hard about this - I don't think I can justify that much for a proof copy, especially when I'll be buying the first edition when it comes out anyway.

Darn, that's so annoying... I want it nooooowwwwww! :(

Any word on whether there's a PDF available? Or a European distributor? I mean... 70 bucks... sheesh...

I must admit I grinned when I saw the UPS cost though - $95 shipping plus $40 product, is amazing... Shipping certainly does seem to be getting pricey from the States to Europe - minimum $25 for slowest snail.

I must admit I grinned when I saw the UPS cost though - $95 shipping plus $40 product, is amazing... Shipping certainly does seem to be getting pricey from the States to Europe - minimum $25 for slowest snail.

I am staggered at the prices of UPS.

Only, I suspect, a US government-run agency can get away with raising prices dramatically while curtailing quality and speed of service.

I recently sold a copy of the Game of Thrones RPG to an interested Canadian fan who had trouble finding a copy in stores. I offered it to him for $30. I went to the post office, and the ONLY means of shipping it cost $23. Rather than be a jerk and go back on the arranged deal, I took it as a loss, but I'm never going to send something overseas, or use UPS if at all possible.

yeah Im a sucker, I bought it. Im hoping to revise Berlin '61 to be BRP instead of MRQ OGL. Will have to talk with Chaosium about that I suppose. LOL.

Cant wait to get this book.

Good decision. Please let us stay informed about your efforts. Thanks. :)

I am staggered at the prices of UPS.

Only, I suspect, a US government-run agency can get away with raising prices dramatically while curtailing quality and speed of service.

I recently sold a copy of the Game of Thrones RPG to an interested Canadian fan who had trouble finding a copy in stores. I offered it to him for $30. I went to the post office, and the ONLY means of shipping it cost $23. Rather than be a jerk and go back on the arranged deal, I took it as a loss, but I'm never going to send something overseas, or use UPS if at all possible.

I am selling a lot of stuff on ebay and I have US customers regularly. But its really expensive. I am sure in the last years snail mail is making more bucks with shipping packages due to the rise of ebay, amazon etc. than with traditional letters or post cards

IOnly, I suspect, a US government-run agency can get away with raising prices dramatically while curtailing quality and speed of service.

LOL, try British Rail for an example of that business model! :D

Well, I ordered mine. :)

Couldn't help myself. I had too many reasons to get it now.

1. I get it now.

2. It will probably become a collectors item. (At least it is a collectors item for me as I am adding it to my collection!)

3. I get it now.

4. I am happy to support a game company whose products I have enjoyed for decades.

5. I get it now.

6. I'm not very patient. ;)

So there you go! Six reasons. :)

I has commanded-it. I am curious to see the difference in it with the french version of the BRP by Tristan Lhomme. With-it i will be capable to mke my equippement cards and my vehicule rule.

Carnifex:thumb: