Apple lane and Chaos

Karlak One-eye

I found this quote some where on the forums (can’t find where now) and it surprised me. 

“Remember, Chaos Ground isn't that far from Apple lane!”

first i’ve heard of a chaos spot actually in Sartar itself in 40 years of RQ gaming. Where is it? What caused it? And why do folks quest to Snake pipe hollow when this is close at hand?

26 minutes ago, Karlak One-eye said:

“Remember, Chaos Ground isn't that far from Apple lane!”

See one of the maps of the Colymar lands, as in this snippet from the Starter Set map.

It's described in the RQ Adventures Pack p.37:

Chaos Ground:  This tainted place at the edge of Stael’s Hills was created when the Crimson Bat bled here in 1602. It is a place of power for Chaos-worshiping cults, and Chaotic things can occasionally be found here.

ChaosGround.JPG

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jajagappa said:

It was only a flesh wound. 

Think of all the blood from the Crimson Bat that got spilled over Whitewall and surroundings when Broyan wounded it...

Probably eaten away by the massive gorp attack later on. If that's still in the later stage siege calendar.

As for Bat excretion, that way lies madness... possibly the crimson glow is what the Bat excretes. Aerosols, aerosouls, who knows?

Edited by Joerg

Telling how it is excessive verbis

22 hours ago, Karlak One-eye said:

And why do folks quest to Snake pipe hollow when this is close at hand?

The Chaos Ground is a power place for chaos creatures, where as SPH is an active chaos site, producing mass chaos.  I'm treating it it like Chaos Box in the Wastes, but only every high holy day (CB pops out a chaos creature every Storm Bull holy day)

The Colymar Storm Bull's are very likely keeping an eye on this place (they are in my game). It's also under Old Top, a minor temple to Orlanth Thunderous for the Narri clan, so either way it's under someone's eye. I used it in a foreshadowing adventure for the Battle of Old Top as a chaos focus for Lunar scouts seeking to disrupt the Sartarite forces before the main battle.

• Like 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

On 12/23/2021 at 4:08 AM, Baron Wulfraed said:

At least bleeding is a more rare event... Consider what puddles of guano could generate? 😱

Hmm... While the concept is appealingly disgusting, I think the Crimson Bat contains a howling void of chaos within it, and doesn't actually poop.  A small mercy for a troubled Lozenge.

4 hours ago, Darius West said:

Hmm... While the concept is appealingly disgusting, I think the Crimson Bat contains a howling void of chaos within it, and doesn't actually poop.  A small mercy for a troubled Lozenge.

Nick Brooke is in this thread, and he understands the best and worst of Rufelza.

It was a thing, and left Chaos on the Lozenge. I am not going to say what hit the ground was was poop.

Edited by Ian_W
  • Haha 1