Dragon Pass Dwarven Scenario Locations

Erol of Backford

Also are there any Dwarf Ruins in Sartar or Western Prax located in the mountains that are not associated with Dwarf Run, Dwarf Knoll or Sazdorf (there is an abandoned dwarf area connected to Sazdorf as I recall).

Dwarf Cliff (aka Dwarf Ridge).  It's on the northern Sartar map, just SE of Jonstown.  It features in an HQG scenario in the Sartar Companion book (which also ties into the dwarf area in the Sazdorf ruins).

Two Face might also be considered a dwarf ruin (or at least one they have interest in).  On the same map, just south of Alebard's Tower and west of the Quivin Mnts.  It features in another HQG scenario in the same book.

image.png.ca7f2a0758be515f694f87f42520661c.png I think these are the locations our dwarven friends may be interested. Any change some chaos dwarves are hanging around or something more sinister?

Jaja, are these scenarios related to the dwarf locations in the 2010 or 2012 Sartar Companion? Are both worth picking up for the info/reading enjoyment?

Thanks again all!

image.png.cf3be02a2fd938daef58aecdd1530d1d.png

They are the same book - the only difference to my knowledge was the cover illustration (my hard copy is the former, my pdf version the latter).

The Gifts of Stone starts at Dwarf Cliff/Ridge and potentially goes to the Sazdorf ruin.

The Treasure of Two Face Hill starts with a dwarf seeking helping to retrieve an item from Two Face Hill.

• Thanks 1

You also don't need to think only "ruins" when it comes to dwarfs. 

In my game, the PC's encountered a series of large stone-like cubes (roughly 1 cubic meter each) in Dwarf Run.  They were set a kilometer or more apart.

After a few of these, they encountered a Tin Dwarf approaching one with a cart pulled by a Bronze Goat (taken from the old HQ Anaxial's Roster book).  The cart was loaded with an assortment of tin cans, which the dwarf subsequently added into the cube.  (As one of the PC's had been possessed by a Thanatari mad-head ghost, and was unconscious, and slowly losing CON, there was some urgent need for something to keep the PC from losing more CON.  Thankfully, the dwarf had certain cans that proved beneficial.)

Also, bear in mind that much of Boldhome was constructed by dwarves (including the Pockets) and the Royal Roads were constructed by dwarfs (and might well have interesting "features" along them - dwarf toll collection devices, etc.). 

• Helpful 1

Certain cities in Sartar likely have an area where Dwarves visit or even stay if it is diplomatically advantageous to do so.  Boldhome would be such a place, and possibly Alda-Chur.  These areas will be reverse-ghettos, in that while they will be mostali homogenous, they will be unusually clean and well ordered, but will seem a bit alien to Sartarites.

• Helpful 1