Identifying Chaosium Staff on the forum.

As a general rule, most company staff are hesitant to ID themselves in forums due to trolling and other issues.

The one person that I know is open about being Chaosium staff is Jeff Richards, @Jeff, the RQG line boss.

If you see if from him, then unless it's official until it says otherwise.

Of course, Jonstown Compendium product authors ID themselves in their products, one being MOB, @MOB

Edited by svensson
  • Helpful 1

On 1/30/2022 at 9:42 AM, Orlanthatemyhamster said:

Who are the Chaosium staff on here? Please. 

Click the Staff button on the forum bar at the top to see.

Read more about us here: https://www.chaosium.com/the-chaosium-team/

Chaosium folk on BRP:

• Neil, Jeff, Rick, Mob, Neil (da boses) - will generally ignore pings as they have a company to run 😀
  • Mike M (CoC Line editor) - busy writing and editing Call of Cthulhu products
  • Jason (RQ Line editor) - busy writing and editing RuneQuest products
  • Scotty (David) (I'm an Admin and also have a personal account on here @David Scott). I also deal with UK & European convention stuff
  • Todd@Chaosium (Todd) runs the Cult of Chaos forum. Ping him for Cult of Chaos and North American convention stuff
  • @Nick Brooke(Nick) is the Jonstown Compedium Community Ambassador - ping him for JC & POD-related stuff.
  • Type40 (Allan) is the Miskatonic Repository Community Ambassador - ping him for MR related stuff.
  • Andrew (Andrew Bean) ping him for Australia, New Zealand, and Asia/Pacific convention stuff
  • Neil, Dustin & JLowder (James) rarely post.

It is possible to summon us to a post using the @user tag, but please don't abuse it. Most people will ignore a ping unless it's related directly to their job.

Read more about us here: https://www.chaosium.com/the-chaosium-team/

On 1/30/2022 at 10:51 AM, soltakss said:

They generally have the Chaosium Wyrm as their icon.

Only myself, Jason D & Neil, and now Rick.

• Like 3
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2022 at 8:58 PM, svensson said:

As a general rule, most company staff are hesitant to ID themselves in forums due to trolling and other issues.

The one person that I know is open about being Chaosium staff is Jeff Richards, @Jeff, the RQG line boss.

If you see if from him, then unless it's official until it says otherwise.

Of course, Jonstown Compendium product authors ID themselves in their products, one being MOB, @MOB

I too am Chaosium staff. Like @Rick Meints, I do skim this site most days and if you ping me I'll usually respond in a day or two. 

• Like 4
  • Helpful 1

• MOB featured and pinned this topic
13 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

So what does the Chaosium logo under the avatar mean? I assumed that that had been added as a staff indicator, but Scotty doesn't have it. Is it "Moderators"?

Moderator appears to be indicated by hovering over the blue shield (or is it an harp) on the avatar. Though that doesn't negate a special logo for /pure/ moderator (Note "Scotty" gets a red-letter "administrators" tag, but still has the blue moderator on the avatar.

38 minutes ago, PhilHibbs said:

So what does the Chaosium logo under the avatar mean? I assumed that that had been added as a staff indicator, but Scotty doesn't have it. Is it "Moderators"?

It may just be an oversight; or, alternatively, there may be some glitch making these tags incompatible.

Finally, "Administrators" is likely a strict superset of "Moderators" -- Admin's are everything a Mod is, and more (because they gotta fix more fundamental parts of the system).

C'es ne pas un .sig

11 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

Speaking as @Scotty (otherwise I can't see what you are talking about) the Chaosium logo underneath moderators is the moderator icon. An Admin icon hasn't been set.

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

8 hours ago, David Scott said:

Speaking as @Scotty (otherwise I can't see what you are talking about) the Chaosium logo underneath moderators is the moderator icon. An Admin icon hasn't been set.

n.b. other publishers have "moderator" status (Newt in the OQ forum, Pete&Loz in the Mythras forum, etc) with the little blue shield-badge on their avatar, but don't have the Chaosium-logo !

It's a nice bit of per-forum customization.

C'es ne pas un .sig