[Gloating] I got 17 ERB First Printings.

threedeesix

After seeing seneschal's post about his H.P. Lovecraft purchase, I thought I would brag about my find at a yard sale last summer.

First, I am a HUGE Edgar Rice Burroughs fan. I have almost everything he ever published in paperback. If I see a paperback with cover art I don't already have I will buy it again. I have at least 6 copies of "A Princess of Mars" just because of all the different covers done over the years.

Looking through a number of boxes of old books at a yard sale, I saw a box with the letters ERB written on the side. Looking through it I found it contained 17 first printings of Edgar Rice Burroughs hard backs. At least half, including the 1917 "A Princess of Mars" still had the dust jacket intact. In addition to 5 John Carter books, there was a first printing of "At The Earth's Core", "Pellucidar", "The Mucker", "The Girl from Hollywood", three of the "Venus" books and five others I cant think of right now.

All of them are in great condition considering a few are almost 100 years old.

Here is the biggie, if your an ERB fan you may want to sit down for this, I got the whole box for $3.00 after talking the owner down from $5.;t)

I LOVE yard sales!

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"

I ran across a similar find several years back ... unfortunately I had no funds at the time. :( I've got the first two Venus novels and like them better in a way than the Mars series. Carson Napier is a more human hero (and brags less) than John Carter.

I can see that. For me it's always been the Mars series, closely followed by The Land That Time Forgot and At The Earths Core (I love dinosaurs, lost worlds, and scantily clad jungle princesses, not necessarily in that order).

Rod

Join my Mythras/RuneQuest 6: Classic Fantasy Yahoo Group at https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/RQCF/info

"D100 - Exactly 5 times better than D20"