Pavis & Big Rubble Companion: The Directors' Cut Relaunch

Ian A. Thomson

Thanks folks

I've a few proofers still looking at bits and pieces for valuable final reviews, but I just finished the uber proof

And that means Vol. 01 is done to publishable first draft level at last

Fabian will attach the cover and most likely I will turn the back page of the document into a large jpg to also be attached separately

But that's it. I'll wait to hear from Fabian to discuss exactly how we are going to launch

Only took me since November to get the first book in the series ready for publication!!!

(As mentioned, this involved a lot of work for the whole of the series, so from now on things should be a LOT quicker.)

I think I will still often thank those people who have helped out so much or even just given supportive advice

Couldn't have done it without you!!!

Disclaimer: Vol. 01 is the first half of the background material, plus a bunch of New Pavis scenario seeds and one large new County-spanning scenario just to get the PCs settled into the whole region. (Though the finale is deliberately challenging! and a bit weird-shit-ometerish.)

Vol. 02 (fingers crossed for late Nov) will be Part 02 of the Background stuff for those waiting for some larger chunks of 'Pavic secrets' kind of thing. (Though the big 'secrets' won't be revealed all at once, and there are some small clues in Vol. 01 too.)

Plus Vol. 02 will have three more local scenarios that lead directly into the old Campaign arc, though this will not actually start in Vol. 02. (The old campaign arc will of course will be revised and expanded as we go. Plus deeper background material will continue to appear. But the vast majority of background material will be in Vols 01-02. and Vol 03 - the Rough Guide to Pavis City.)

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

------------------------------------

Former Issaries Inc. 'Pavis Expert'

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

On 9/1/2022 at 4:14 AM, Ian A. Thomson said:

Not sure how long the procedure takes after that to actually get it up on JCompendium

It takes me about 15 minutes to do this, so not a big task.

• Helpful 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here

To be read using Hugo Weaving's voice inside your head! :)

EDIT - Call this a promo flyer. (Will be redesigning the back cover.)

BackPageFinal_sample.jpg

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 17

Some of my creations and co-creations: https://preview.drivethrurpg.com/en/browse?keyword=Ian Thomson 

Anybody heard from Fabian recently? I've sent him a few messages, but not heard anything back for a few weeks. We planned to discuss some practicalities around the launch of Vol. 01

[EDIT: Heard back from Fabian. Perhaps as a result of this message, or just a coincidence. Either way, all good. We are discussing the practicalities of getting it up on Jonstown asap.]

Progress report: I have now completed about [EDIT - 80%] of the edits of the final section of Vol. 01, which is the last required task before release. Hopefully will have it completed [EDIT - today]. (Hence keenness to hear from Fabian.)

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, Erol of Backford said:

Post index for eager readers?

I'll post a sample soon fer sure. Inc index. I am going all perfectionist and rewriting a big chunk of the final scenario so there will be a delay of another few days

But the scenario will be significantly better and (more importantly) also linked more strongly into the unfolding campaign. 

• Like 1

Hi there

Any of you fine archivists out there have a copy of my award-winning (much to my surprise) short story - 'The Man Who Walked with Pavis'?

Unsurprisingly (as with all things Gloranthan), getting Vol 01 finished to basic satisfaction is taking longer than expected, but we are definitely getting close

And I'm thinking I'd like to include this story, but no longer have a copy of my own (at least not one I can find)

Cheers

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 7Tigers said:

The one in The Four Scrolls of Revelation?
Sure! I will send it later today after I have time to OCR it.

You, sir, are an epic champion!

With profound disbelief, as I sit down to the relatively easy task of creating the backcover, I struggle to actually type the words.... Vol. 01 of the Director's Cut of the 'Pavis & Big Rubble Companion' series is now complete and ready to go online.

My perfectionist voice says I should take longer, and change this, and add that...

But at the end of the day it's a fanzine, and has had the benefit of incredible volunteers and proofers, and so it should be a pretty decent background and intro book to the forthcoming series

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

... Vol. 01 of the Director's Cut of the 'Pavis & Big Rubble Companion' series is now complete and ready to go online ...

<drools quietly>

14 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

... My perfectionist voice says I should take longer, and change this, and add that...

<quietly slaps duct-tape over Ian's "perfectionist voice," zip-ties wrists/ankles/elbows, and stuffs it into a closet>

"Soon, my precious!  Soon we will have it, yesssss..."

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

C'es ne pas un .sig

Sample Time! I look at it and see so many areas I could continue to polish, but at some point with hobby projects (no matter how beloved) there comes a time to let it free into the world!

EDIT: Cpl of tiny corrections

EDiT 2: Another tiny grammar correction

EDIT 3: One spelling correction, one formatting correction & Extra Pages!! (29 Sept)

(Up to date version now called: P&BRC_DC_Sampler_01_Oct_2022)

Missed out a contributor credit!! (Glad I was the one to spot this!!)

Updated new version of sampler attached in post below...

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 9

For anyone who didn't see who has grabbed this already, there were some small grammar errors that have been corrected, Twice. So up to date version is called: P&BRC_DC_Sampler_Sept2022c

• Like 1

On 9/25/2022 at 5:35 PM, Ian A. Thomson said:

For anyone who didn't see who has grabbed this already, there were some small grammar errors that have been corrected, Twice. So up to date version is called: P&BRC_DC_Sampler_Sept2022c

Yes yes, but . . .   when do we get to hand over money???

;-)

• Like 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

36 minutes ago, g33k said:

Yes yes, but . . .   when do we get to hand over money???

😉

RIght now will be fine!

Send all checks, money orders, currencies in various denominations, Beanie Babies and other collectables to: 

Bill the Barbarian
Somewhere North of Valind's Glacier
PO Box 2
Glorantha

Please, no blogs!

Edited by Bill the barbarian
  • Haha 2

... remember, with a TARDIS, one is never late for breakfast!

1 minute ago, Bill the barbarian said:

RIght now will be fine!

Send all checks, money orders, currencies in various denominations, Beanie Babies and other collectables to: 

Bill the Barbarian
Somewhere North of Valind's Glacier
PO Box 2
Glorantha

Please, no blogs!

HEY!
git yer grubby paws offa myIan's money!

• Sad 1

C'es ne pas un .sig

I'm waiting to hear back from Fabian, about a few points.

I'm imagining he's really busy, as I only hear back from him sporadically.

The series is going up on the Tentacles JTC site, so I have to wait for that process.

Otherwise, it's good to go :)

• Like 2

Sampler updated again (see above post)

One spelling correction, one formatting correction & Extra Pages!! (29 Sept)

(Up to date version now called: P&BRC_DC_Sampler_01_Oct_2022)

If any of the volunteers have full acrobat, I'd love the assistance of attaching the front and back covers to the basic pdf so I have a complete finished product.

Fabian will be able to do this of course, but I haven't heard from him in a while and I'm going away for 2 weeks in a cpl of days, so it would feel great to me to be able to send out the 'thank you' volunteer copies before I go :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

If any of the volunteers have full acrobat, I'd love the assistance of attaching the front and back covers to the basic pdf so I have a complete finished product.

You shouldn’t need full Acrobat to add a page to front and back (if that’s what you want). For example PDF-Shuffler is free. If that won’t run on your platform, PDF Split and Merge probably will.

Or message me and arrange to send me the files and I should be able to do it for you today — fingers crossed!

• Helpful 1

NOTORIOUS VØID CULTIST

6 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

Sure, email me.

• Helpful 1

20 hours ago, mfbrandi said:

You shouldn’t need full Acrobat to add a page to front and back (if that’s what you want). For example PDF-Shuffler is free. If that won’t run on your platform, PDF Split and Merge probably will.

Or message me and arrange to send me the files and I should be able to do it for you today — fingers crossed!

Thanks very much, Split & Merge did the job :)

• Like 1

On this, the very last day of September, after promising (IIRC) a June release, I finally sent the uploadable full pdf copy (back and front covers attached and everything!) of Vol. 01 to Fabian. Just 15mins ago

And by happy coincidence tomorrow (in about 15hrs) I'm off on a long-awaited 2 week holiday to the wilds of Australia :)

So the first vol. should appear on the Tentacles Press page of the Jonstown Compendium very soon indeed. Hopefully in the next few days

Not so bad at all for those other old-timers that remember the decades-long delays in the past!!!! :)

As mentioned above, during the several hours spent today doing final checks, I spotted that a contributor credit was missing, so here's a new version of the sampler (and definitely the final one!)

Please delete old versions of the sampler to honor this contributor.

Nothing else is changed, and as a bonus this one even has a B&W version of the cover as the first page!! :)

P&BRC_DC_Vol01_OktoberSampler_2022.pdf

Edited by Ian A. Thomson
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

So the first vol. should appear on the Tentacles Press page of the Jonstown Compendium very soon indeed. Hopefully in the next few days

Congratulations!

We are all looking forward to this.

4 hours ago, Ian A. Thomson said:

And by happy coincidence tomorrow (in about 15hrs) I'm off on a long-awaited 2 week holiday to the wilds of Australia 🙂

Perfect timing - enjoy your trip.

We'll tell you when it goes Copper/Silver/Electrum/Gold.

• Thanks 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here