Snake Pipe Hollow. Spoilers

D

a fun fact, after your video, youtube proposed me a video whose title is " c'est dangereux par ici " (it is dangerous here)

so it seems your art is understood by youtube's algorithm 😛

good job by the way. I didn't know there were columns and some build part in this place. I have to explore the story

• Like 1

to make it easier for me to build the caves at the correct depth relative to each other, I made a 3d template using the information about the rock layers, which I then used as a guide when building. here's a short video to give an idea how deep the caves go.

spoilers as it shows the complete Snake pipe cave system.

• Like 5
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As I have finished building the outer caves, I thought I'd post a short videos of a walk through to the hemisphere room.

I had to change the stairs down to the hemisphere room to a spiral staircase as the way it is described in the book it won't fit if you use the map scale and if you stretch the tunnel, the stairs are still too steep, down 12 meters in 8 meters.

https://youtu.be/gvNIL_oFsbc

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, D said:

I've been trying to make the wriggling red worms in the maggot tunnel for about a week, I've come up with this. any thoughts?
https://youtu.be/-Q9cCj-x0UE

No offence intended, but marmalade spill 🙂

• Haha 1

-----

Search the Glorantha Resource Site: https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com. Search the Glorantha mailing list archives: https://glorantha.steff.in/digests/

16 minutes ago, David Scott said:

No offence intended, but marmalade spill 🙂

now you've mentioned it, that's the first thing i think of when i look at it 🙂

i'll have to make the liquid yellower, but i'm not sure if that'll help

22 hours ago, D said:

now you've mentioned it, that's the first thing i think of when i look at it 🙂

i'll have to make the liquid yellower, but i'm not sure if that'll help

Liquid honey, then.

Why do you have all of the liquid at the bottom, rather than dripping down from the walls? And possibly with some sort of rotating or otherwise unstable definition of "down" indicating the collapse of normal reality?

• Like 1

Telling how it is excessive verbis

44 minutes ago, Joerg said:

Liquid honey, then.

Why do you have all of the liquid at the bottom, rather than dripping down from the walls? And possibly with some sort of rotating or otherwise unstable definition of "down" indicating the collapse of normal reality?

it's going to be hard not to make it look like some edible liquid.

the liquid is filling up a pit, and I don't think it's seeping out of the walls, but I like the suggestion so I might do that. 

I was going to say that rotating the point of gravity is beyond my skill, but while I was typing this, I thought of a way to do it and maybe make the tunnel walls pulse, if I manage to get it looking ok, I'll post a video of it.

• Like 2

On 5/6/2022 at 5:28 PM, D said:

I've been trying to make the wriggling red worms in the maggot tunnel for about a week, I've come up with this. any thoughts?

I always thought of them as a squirming mass of red worms, so I'd make it a lot redder and angrier, also squirmier. However, I have no idea how you would make it angrier and squirmier.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

49 minutes ago, soltakss said:

I always thought of them as a squirming mass of red worms, so I'd make it a lot redder and angrier, also squirmier. However, I have no idea how you would make it angrier and squirmier.

redder is easy, for angrier maybe moving faster and squirmier if i make them longer i can make them move more. At the moment, they consist of 6 images, made up of 5 red circles, played like a flip book.

I can also increase the density of the worms.

thank you for the feedback

On 5/7/2022 at 2:28 AM, D said:

https://youtu.be/-Q9cCj-x0UE

You could try making them twinkle rather than wriggle. Slightly elongated spots which twinkle as they move above and below the surface of the muck might work better - eye catching but ambiguous.

Edited by EricW
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, EricW said:

You could try making them twinkle rather than wriggle. Slightly elongated spots which twinkle as they move above and below the surface of the muck might work better - eye catching but ambiguous.

good idea, at that size it's all about illusion of movement.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've posted the second part of the walk through.

Joerg, so far I've managed to get the walls to rotate, but because of the way I've set up the material, that doesn't turn, so it doesn't look right.

the worms are still a work in progress

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, David Scott said:

Looks great, very oesophageal!

thank you.

that's a great word. There's a few others that are the same and parts of the maggot tunnel are even steeper.

• 2 weeks later...

That is really disorienting and the colours make it even more so.

Any Adventurers who want to make a map of a set of caves should look at this to see how difficult it would be.

• Like 1

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here. 

17 minutes ago, soltakss said:

That is really disorienting and the colours make it even more so.

Any Adventurers who want to make a map of a set of caves should look at this to see how difficult it would be.

I made a height based landscape material to help me get the colours right, and I presumed that the rock strata was horizontal and to get the caves in the right location I made a rough 3d map and used that as a guide. I can't imagine how hard it would be to map the caves from inside, even now when I'm editing it from outside the caves, I sometimes loose my place on the map.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Here's the 5th instalment of my Snake pipe hollow walk through. It's been a while because I've been working on the night sky element of my Apple Lane build.

outofthedarkness2.jpg.e8629708d73fffaae751e0ca8b8bc929.jpgheresBigClub.jpg.9ac4799a13587bce7fb3c6ea504afc78.jpg

Edited by D
uploaded a better image so Big Clubs fingers are visible
  • Like 2