Common Rune Spell access by Cult size

Godlearner

I consider the initiation tithe for a city god a city tax, and what allows you to get any special services of the city, in addition to sales tariffs or entrance toll (initiates are exempt).

A heavy cost, specially the POW, but that separates visitors from residents. I allow those outside the city but that visit often to join, as it may well make financial sense. Only if you establish a shrine, which requires worshippers but also that the deity accepts the area near the shrine as their domain, will you really expand the city.

I'd go with a city gods influence/rune spells working to the city boundaries (so including surrounding farmland etc). This might give scope to Pavis worshipers trying to extend\recover some of the old territory the city ruled. Maybe Agrath would initially support this as King of Pavis, but later be against it once his nomad allies start complaining - could lead to some interesting politics..

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 6:11 AM, JRE said:

I consider the initiation tithe for a city god a city tax, and what allows you to get any special services of the city, in addition to sales tariffs or entrance toll (initiates are exempt).

I consider it Citizenship with only these people being able for position in whatever governing body the city has.

• Like 1