Using the rules of the game, how are PCs expected to defeat "high-level" opponents?

EpicureanDM

2 hours ago, soltakss said:

I have never cared much for sticking with the rules of the game, or rules as written (RAW).

After all, what are the RAW?

When the Quickstart came out, the RAW were the Quickstart rules.

Then, RAW were the RuneQuest Glorantha rules.

After that, the RAW were the RuneQuest Glorantha rules plus pages of errata and clarifications.

Then the RAW included RuneQuest Glorantha plus errata/clarifications, plus Glorantha Bestiary.

Then RAW included RuneQuest Glorantha plus errata/clarifications, plus Glorantha Bestiary, plus Weapons & Equipment.

Soon RAW will include RuneQuest Glorantha plus errata/clarifications, Glorantha Bestiary, Weapons & Equipment, Gods and Goddesses of Glorantha and HeroQuesting rules.

So, what is RAW?

To me, it is a pretty meaningless concept.

We have always used houserules in all of our campaigns and I will probably continue to do so. This means that all my supplements don't use RAW but use extensions of RuneQuest.

You are right but you are wrong (at least for me of course) it is not meaningless : it is the common language between different people from different tables 

if anyone answers a question with his own house rules (or background) , using this forum about rules/background would be meaningless

raw is :50-power-movement:, that s true, and sometimes frustrating however

no raw is :50-power-disorder:

note it is always interesting to see house rules but it should be identified, understood there is a context

Imagine a question about a yelmalian wishing to see the options to kill a zorackzorani and the answer « easy use thunder bolt, 1rp 6d12 dammage » because in my glorantha * all sky gods have thunder bolt and thunder bolt gives (pow/2)d(pow) dammage

* that is not my glorantha 😛 

• Like 1

On 5/15/2022 at 2:53 PM, soltakss said:

Apologies for waking up the thread, but I have put together a document that covered the Tactics of the Personalities of Secrets of Dorastor.

It contains nearly 70 pages of notes about High Level Personalities and gaming. In it are:

• Expanded Tactics for all the Personalities from Secrets of Dorastor
  • Some suggested tactics that can be used when playing RuneQuest Glorantha
  • A quick review of the tactics from the excellent RQ2 RuneMasters supplement, which is recommended reading for anyone wanting to know about RuneQuest Glorantha tactics
  • The latest Jonstown Compendium Wall of supplements

It is a free download and can be found under Secrets of Dorastor. If you have already purchased this, it should appear in your Library as am update.

Please let me know if anything is missing, or you want things adding.

I have dropped a copy of this at the following link, for those who have purchased the POD version, or for people who haven't bought Secrets of Dorastor and would like to see the supplement.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BOWiPH6jN1sAlr5VQrnqgpf8InPNaALp/view?usp=sharing

• Like 3
  • Helpful 3

Simon Phipp - Caldmore Chameleon - Wallowing in my elitism since 1982. Many Systems, One Family. Just a fanboy. 

www.soltakss.com/index.html

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my contributions here