Adding an Investigator into Mask of Nyarlathotep - Peru (possible spoilers)

SirUkpyr

Hello,

My Investigators have just reached the Temple Plateau in Peru, and I've got a new player interested in joining.

What is a logical way to add said person to the mix? Suggestions requested (grin).

Thanks for the help. 

Edited by SirUkpyr

My recollection of that scenario is a bit vague, but in the 1920s Peru saw regular traffic from geologists hunting minerals, archeologists hunting ruins, and a variety of the natural sciences poking around, so you could literally run into a person with that background wandering in the wild, perhaps after a mishap that left him short of supplies and needing to join up.

There was serious political issues going on in that period, too, so a reporter, mercenary, or would-be gun runner could be encountered wandering around the backcountry, on the hunt for news.

That's all I've got.

• Like 2

Iirc the lamprey monsters are gathering human fat to feed to the creature trapped in the temple. A pc could be tracking/following one that killed an ally, or had troubled a region and meet up. This way they could be any background that could be out in the area. If the main party missed any clues along the way the new PC could maybe have found it?  

• Like 2

Why not give a connection between the new Investigator and Jackson Elias and/or an other NPC they met during previous chapters ?

Something like "here's somebody you can trust, who is currently living in Peru for professional reasons, he was a good friend of Jackson, and will certainly help you if he can".

As for the reason why the Investigator is in Peru, it will entirely depend on its profession. It may be because he has business there, or he's tracking someone.

Edited by Mugen