Printing the flipping folio sheet

PhilHibbs

I just went to the local library and printed off the blank folio character sheet, and the back page is upside down! Or maybe the front is. Anyway, I looked in the printing options and I couldn't see any way of inverting one side. I might be able to use the manual feed to print the second side the right way around, I'm sure the librarians would be happy for me to fiddle with the printer since I fixed the coin slot on their printing terminal, but can we get an alternate version of the PDF with one side flipped so that it can be printed in two-sided mode?

Has anyone had success in printing it two-sided automatically the "right" way around, is there some trick I'm missing?

@Scotty not sure whose bailiwick this is... or could some fan with PDF authoring software upload a flippy-fixed version to the forum?

3 hours ago, PhilHibbs said:

can we get an alternate version of the PDF with one side flipped so that it can be printed in two-sided mode?

Usually your printer has an option to print double-sided with either long-edge or short-edge.  That determines whether the back side ends up flipped or not (and the landscape/portrait choice does come into play with that).  

• Like 1

I was going to test (actually did, but realized it isn't a valid comparison).

My ESP R2000 handles 11x17 paper, but handles double-sided printing by printing all odd-pages first, then popping up a dialog to "flip the paper and insert leading edge first", then resume to print even-pages. My HP only handles 8.5x11 but has the duplexer to reverse sheets for double-sided.

The long/short edge option is inherent in the Adobe Acrobat Reader print dialog, as shown here. I'm going to attempt a print with the "flip on long edge" to see what it does. "Long edge" is more common for portrait orientation /book/

image.png.5d78ccc289438e332005824288cd7c98.png

Okay -- for this printer, flip on long edge is NOT the desired option (blast -- need to burn off half of the ink on head cleaning again; I don't use the photo printer enough to keep the nozzles from clogging).

52 minutes ago, Baron Wulfraed said:

Okay -- for this printer, flip on long edge is NOT the desired option (blast -- need to burn off half of the ink on head cleaning again; I don't use the photo printer enough to keep the nozzles from clogging).

Based on the above view, it looks like the folio is effectively a landscape orientation, in which case flip on the short edge is what you want.  (Auto settings may not take that into account though.)