Upcoming CoC material (Rumored and Announced)

The Gaslight books can be used to play Cthulhu by Gaslight, they use the 'core' CoC rules (per the Starter Set) along with Gaslight specific ones. The full CoC Rulebook may be used, if desired, with its range of expanded and optional rules. Thus, Gaslight can be used standalone or, likely for many, alongside the CoC Rulebook. 

As someone mentioned above, Gaslight provides a third way into the game, alongside the Starter Set and CoC Rulebook. And like the Starter Set, recommends getting (in time, when you feel you might to delve deeper in the wider game) the CoC Rulebook. Although, there's no reason why you can't enjoy playing Gaslight games with just the Gaslight books for as long as you desire. The aim is to continue to make the game accessible - thus, not needing to immediately purchase the CoC Rulebook to start playing.  

• Like 4
  • Helpful 2
  • Thanks 1

I was hoping that it will include the full rules and because of that we would get the new-layout version of the full rules in the form of the Gaslight book 🙂

But anyway, it absolutely makes sense this way. I still hope the Core books will get a makeover soon 🙂

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bill Mize said:

Well that CERTAINLY calls for hardcovers and a slipcase, I am thinking.

It's only proper.

- Bill

There was also  mentions of a scenario book for Gaslight. I would suggest slipcase for all three books - Keeper, Player, Scenario 😉 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

When we have something to announce, we'll let you know. 

Most of the books mentioned in the posts just above are in development, some will be out sooner than others. Sorry to be vague, but there's a whole heap of work that goes into a book before it comes out, with many hands involved, and we are a very small team, so it does take time to get it right. Bear with us and it won't be too long before books full of wonders and terrors are in your hands.

Thanks

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6