Upcoming Glorantha publications

Steve

40 minutes ago, Demishadow23 said:

Ok. I’d like to ask outright now and I ask with respect: I’m not trying to troll.

i want the Glorantha Sourcebook 2.0

I also want the Lunar book and all the Pendragon books.

The Lunar book was announced for March and missed it. 

The Pendragom books are announced for this month.

My conundrum is that I don’t want to place multiple orders and pay multiple shipping charges.  I Want to if at all humanly possible place one order or worse case two orders.

thus far asking about the Lunar book has gotten at most a vague “soon” answer with much speculation. 

I ask with respect and I’m not expecting a laser precise answer.

are we on track for April for the Pendragon books? If not ballpark when. Weeks? Months?

The Lunar book? Weeks? Months?

I want to know so that if the wait is long then I can fee free to order the GAB 2.0 right now. Or if the wait is weeks for those other books, I’ll wait and place one order.

I’m not asking for a precise date. And Chaosium doesn’t owe me anything but I do think (because these books were officially announced with release windows) that more clarity is in order and it’s a perfectly reasonable thing for me or anyone to not only ask but to expect an answer.

i don’t appreciate my posts being “trimmed”.  There has been no answers and i think other and myself asking is reasonable. And it’s poor customer service to ignore or remove these posts instead of addressing it head on. These are not troublemaking posts. This is people wanting answers so we can buy your products.

If you trim my current post then that is fine and that will be my answer and I’ll go way. but it’s poor customer service in my opinion.

As per what you say above, we have tried to provide some "estimates" for when a book will be for sale, but we ended up being wrong. Thus, we really don't like to give them, as it leads to frustration and disappointment. The largest problems we have faced recently have been getting a book shipped to all of our warehouses so we can sell it everywhere at the same time. If we don't do that, we inevitably get complaints/grief from the customers who buy via warehouse X.

Going forward, we are going to be announcing a book being for sale once it is in all our warehouses. You won't be seeing "Coming in future month X" sorts of announcements.

Pe-orders have been suggested, but our system/website isn't currently able to handle them, thus no pre-orders.

I expect all of the books you mention above will be available soon, but that's all I can say at this time.

• Like 4
  • Helpful 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

Hope that Helps,
Rick Meints - Chaosium, Inc.

1 hour ago, Rick Meints said:

As per what you say above, we have tried to provide some "estimates" for when a book will be for sale, but we ended up being wrong. Thus, we really don't like to give them, as it leads to frustration and disappointment. The largest problems we have faced recently have been getting a book shipped to all of our warehouses so we can sell it everywhere at the same time. If we don't do that, we inevitably get complaints/grief from the customers who buy via warehouse X.

Going forward, we are going to be announcing a book being for sale once it is in all our warehouses. You won't be seeing "Coming in future month X" sorts of announcements.

Pe-orders have been suggested, but our system/website isn't currently able to handle them, thus no pre-orders.

I expect all of the books you mention above will be available soon, but that's all I can say at this time.

Thank you Rick and I’m sorry to be a pain. I only got frustrated when all the previous queries and comments were being trimmed out of the discussion. I know it’s not Chaosium’s intent to disregard questions but having that trimming seemed to exacerbate the issue as opposed to just answering which you did. My apologies for any frustrations I have caused you and your staff and I am excited to get all the books when they do come out and appreciate the spirit that giving release windows was to try to give us excitement and something to look forward to but due to things out of Chaosiums control can blow up and have the opposite effect. And I totally understand why there will not be anymore release window announcements. 

Cheers

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rick Meints said:

Thanks for giving us an update! 🙂 Even just hearing "we're still working/waiting on it" is helpful to know. Much appreciated.

Jonstown Compendium author. Find my publications here. Disclaimer: affiliate link.

Social Media: Facebook Patreon Twitter Website

Please keep this thread on topic - a useful list of what's coming next. I have moved the current thread to the general discussion area (Alastor's Skull Inn), where you are welcome to continue.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 4/11/2024 at 11:16 AM, Rick Meints said:

Thanks for the update.

The delay on the Lunar Way is killing me so I understand, and agree with, the change in announcements. 

I hope we continue to get updates on what's coming next even if there's no date on when it's coming.