BRP Interplanetary

Jason D

It's coming along well enough - a couple of speed bumps in June and early July have caused me to ask for an extension to turn it at the end of August instead.

My schedule has opened up immensely, though, and I'm going to see about finishing it before then if at all possible.

Either way, it gives me more time to save up my money:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

It's coming along well enough - a couple of speed bumps in June and early July have caused me to ask for an extension to turn it at the end of August instead.

My schedule has opened up immensely, though, and I'm going to see about finishing it before then if at all possible.

How is it looking? August or September? :)

SGL.

Ef plest master, this mighty fine grub!
b1.gif 116/420. High Priest.

How is it looking? August or September? :)

SGL.

No news. Still writing it. It'll then go to a limited playtest/edit cycle, then to Chaosium where it goes at the tail end of a very long list of things to be published.

After that: art, cover, editing, and layout... then printing.

My guess is Christmastime or thereabouts for in-store or .pdf release.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Jason,

Any chance you could give us an update and/or additional teasers?

My apologies.

My schedule on Interplanetary has slipped by a few months due to a calamitous series of events relating to work, life, and family.

(The company I worked for more-or-less went out of business causing me to seek and find a new job I need to adjust to; we're dealing with an ongoing and terminal illness in my wife's immediate family; and a series of vehicle problems that necessitated a new car purchase.)

My family and I are fine, but spare time has been hard to find. I talked with Charlie Krank about it at Gen Con and he was understanding, so it's going to be later than planned.

However, there's a ton of other BRP stuff in the hopper from other authors, and Chaosium is pretty much swamped with production on those products.

In the weeks to come, I'll drop some teaser text when I'm able.

Wow - sounds like you've got plenty on your plate besides writing freelance work...

Here's best wishes for your family and situation!

Still looking forward to seeing your work with Interplanetary. Don't give up!

Thanks for the kind words!

If you should ever find yourself down in Austin, let me know!

• 2 months later...

Got an ETA Jason? ;)

:beetle:

Not especially happy news.

The manuscript is on hold for the time being due to the recent death of a family member and the ensuing issues it spurred, combined with a demanding time at work in my new job.

Plus there's the usual dearth of free time during the holiday season (I get Thanksgiving, wife's birthday, wedding anniversary, Hanukkah, Christmas, New Year's, and my baby's birthday in a 40-day period).

There's also an issue I need resolved with Chaosium before I can get back to work on it, and communication is typically slow there.

So the update would be "Manuscript to be turned in to Chaosium Q1 2009" if things are straightened out.

• 1 month later...

I'm sorry to announce that Interplanetary is, for the time being, indefinitely delayed.

This is bad news indeed, there is really not that much space fantasy or sci-

ence fiction "in the pipeline" for BRP. :(

"Mind like parachute, function only when open."

(Charlie Chan)

I'm sorry to announce that Interplanetary is, for the time being, indefinitely delayed.

Does this involve issues with Chaosium? Or family/life situation? Or both?

BRP Interpanetary was very near the top of my "wish list" for BRP, so this is sad news indeed. :(

Well this is the worst BRP news so far... I was soooooo much wanting this to come out.

Nostalgia is nice and all but it seems like Chaosium needs to pass the torch onto a new generation of folks who can handle the workload.

If nothing else maybe some group like quasi-BRP-related group like Pagan could publish this as a sideline... maybe take 'bids' on it like some companies do until it's obvious there are enough customers to make it a sure bet.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm delighted to report that Chaosium have settled all issues with me, and I'm going to be back to work on Interplanetary this very evening.

Firstly, that's brilliant news for Jason personally HOORAY

Secondly, I shall slip comfortably into naive optimism mode and hope that this bodes well for Chaosium and its freelancers in general

Thirdly, isn't it finished yet? Hurry up you slacker

Al

Rule Zero: Don't be on fire

Praise the gods! Strike-up the band! Let the pigeons loose! Free Willey! Give a hoot; don't pollute! Hug a tree and kiss a whale, by Odin's bronzed balls that's damn good news!

Just the kind we BRP-ites need around here on a rainy day in the Central Valley :thumb: to give us a little hope. Silly, I know, but with a legislature like ours we don't have much to look forward to :P

Time for some strawberry ice-cream and jalapeños!

Now back to work...slave! Serve this ship well and live! Row!

Cherries,

Sunwolfe

Present home-port: home-brew BRP/OQ SRD variant; past ports-of-call: SB '81, RQIII '84, BGB '08, RQIV(Mythras) '12,  MW '15, and OQ '17

BGB BRP: 0 edition: 20/420; .pdf edition: 06/11/08; 1st edition: 06/13/08