At what time of year do the dead travel from the Necropolis to Ezel and Nochet?

Squaredeal Sten

At what time of year do the dead travel from the Necropolis to Ezel and Nochet?  GTG p.257 says they do, but does not give a date.

I would think it would occur on some holy day - and background discussion suggests it is NOT  a Daka Fal parade, but instead is an event related to the Earth goddesses. Or to Halloween... which as i recall is near the fall equinox in the RW.  On Glorantha..?? I have little lore in Gloranthan astronomy.

Maybe Ty kora kek's high holy day: Wildday, Death week, Dark season? ' On that day, the dead visit the living and must be fed and offered gifts. " 

This entry in the Well of Daliath seems to say that.  https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/ty-kora-tek/

Ty Kora Tek is propitiated each Wildday by Earth cults. Wildday of Death Week is her seasonal holy day. The entire Death Week of Darkness Season is dedicated to her; her High Holy Day is Wildday of that week. On that day, the dead visit the living and must be fed and offered gifts.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, French Desperate WindChild said:

why propritiated and not just worshipped ?

Do people consider her as a bad goddess ?

(or maybe my understanding of propitiatory is wrong)

No, your understanding of the word is all right.

I don't think she is a bad goddess, but I deduce that she is feared  - as death is feared, and Ty Kora Kek is going to be in charge of your soul sooner or later, so it's best to be on her good side.  I don't think she gives benefits to the living (at least I know of none) (and we all await the gods book set), so it's all avoidance of the down side of death.  And as you propitiate the goddess, propitiate her priestesses too because " Her priests prepare the dead for burial, and frequently inhabit crypts. They occasionally wield the sacrificial knives when earth-rituals require it, especially when humans are the offering.  "   https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/home/gloranthan-documents/prosopaedia/deities/t/ty-kora-tek/

• Thanks 1